Pst URLs rewriting following Migration + editing in Cornerstone

Hi there,

My site was originally at http://flickdigital.co, then https://flickdigital.co, and last weekend I shifted to https://flickdigital.co.nz

I migrated the site with all plugins off, and have checked the site over thoroughly.

I updated the database URLs using Better Search Replace plugin.

This is fine and updates URLs however as soon as I edit in Cornerstone the URLs are rewritten to how they were before.

I went back to Better Search Replace and did the following:

Replaced http://flickdigital.co/ with https://flickdigital.co.nz/

Replaced https://flickdigital.co/ with https://flickdigital.co.nz/

Replaced http://flickdigital.co.nz/ with https://flickdigital.co.nz/

I then:

Replaced http://flickdigital.co/ with https://flickdigital.co.nz/

Replaced https://flickdigital.co/ with https://flickdigital.co.nz/

Replaced http://flickdigital.co.nz/ with https://flickdigital.co.nz/

On refreshing the site is fine, all URLs update, but again on editing the site in Cornerstone URLs revert.

See https://flickdigital.co.nz/hakuba-ski-concierge/

About Flick Digital
We began as a Hawkes Bay web design agency

“Hawkes Bay web design agency” link was https://flickdigital.co.nz/hawkes-bay-web-design/ after Search & Replace, back to http after opening in Cornerstone.

From my understanding, search-replace can catch wp_posts table where frontend content is, but not wp_postmeta table where the same url’s are stored as JSON. For this reason, url’s are reverting back.

This is fine on a small site, but I have a large client coming on with a lot of blog posts to import and need to make sure this can be fixed.

Thanks in advance for your support.

I also have the same issue on this site eg: https://hakubadigital.com/tourism-seo/

I Search Replace, reload and the page is fine (green bar). If I edit in Cornerstone URLs revert to http and I lose the green bar.

It was built live but moved to https. I can’t work out how to permanently search and replace URLs.

I think I have sorted this. It seems to be a known issue with json URLs. I’l post here again if it all reverts back.

Thanks for letting us know!