Proper way to set up a image gallery

Hello,

i’m trying to set up a image gallery with 3 columns.
The problem is, one picture has a different height. This is a bit ugly.
My question is: is there a way to set a max height to a specific row in X?
Or do you have any suggestion how to solve the problem?

This is the link to the website: http://xpression-music.de/videosbilderaudio/

Thanks for your help!

Carsten

Hi Carsten,

The easiest way would be to crop the actual images to have the same dimension so that they will resize equally and accordingly.

If you want to set a maximum height to the row, you can set it in the Customize option of the Row settings and add an inline CSS like: height: 500px;

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, its still not that great.
Is there any gallery plugin you would recommend using with X? Envira doesnt seem to work properly, I already tried.

In addition, i tried to set up a lightbox for the images, but it seems like the lightbox messes the homepage up, especially on mobile devices. Do you have any recommendations how to fix that?

Thanks for your help!

Hi There,

I really like using The Grid or Essential Grid for that, you can use your media library images as a source and choosing the skin that fits your style will be perfect for that.

Hope it helps

Thanks for the help.

Essential Grid works really well.
I set up Essential Grid to the best of my abilities, but i’ve got some problems with the lightbox. When I open an image, it shows the image itself and opens the lightbox above the image, instead of just opening the lightbox.

do you know how to fix that?

Thanks for your help!

Already fixed that by myself.

But I realized that some buttons, which are linked to pictures, open now with essential grid, but they shouldn’t.
How do I fix that?

Thanks for your answer!

Hi there,

My apologies but I am not sure what you are trying to do. I have check this page where I could see the essential grid and there is a link that displays when you hover on the image which opens a lightbox when clicked. Kindly clarify.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.