Products Per Page Not Working

Our shop page - https://sandwichspotssf.com/shop/ - will only show 20 items per page despite us setting products per page in Theme Options to 40 and setting WordPress Settings > Reading to show 40 posts. Not sure where else this can be set.

If we use a custom looper provider, I see that it then shows all items but I’m not sure how to configure that to show all items (no pagination) and also show the correct items when browsing specific categories.

Hello @co50,

Thanks for writing in! Please go to Cornerstone > Theme Options > WooCommerce > Shop and check the Post Per Page option value. This is the one being used by the shop index and the product archives. If you are still having trouble to display the correct number of product items, please provide us access to the site that you are working on so we can check your settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi, I’m not sure you read my entire post…

We are not using the Shop index or archives pages. We created our own using your looper flow. Problem is with the looper flow it only shows 20 at a time and I’m asking how to show all items.

Hi @co50,

I have checked your page and it seems that you have used a predefined WooCommerce Archive layout to show the Products. And it normally shows the number of Products, mentioned in the Settings > Reading as shown in the given screenshot.

Please remember there is no option to get all the products through the Looper except, the Query String or Custom Looper where you can mention -1 for the posts_per_page to get all the products. I would suggest you go through the following article which may help you on this.

Thanks

Hello,

Not sure if you read my entire post (you’re the 2nd rep in a row to imply they did not read it) but I already addressed this. The field you point to in your screenshot I already said that I set to 40 and it has no effect.

I also asked how to show all products with a customer looper and you simply said it’s possible - what I am asking is HOW? This is a legit support question. Please don’t refer me to a WP programming manual. I’m not a programmer.

Hi @co50,

Would you mind sharing your admin credentials so that we can check your backend settings properly? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi @co50,

I have mentioned that the number of products normally shows from the Settings > Reading or the option mentioned by my colleague i.e. Theme Options > WooCommerce > Posts Per Page and there is no such option to mention the number for all the products. And that is why I suggested you use the Query String and mention the posts_per_page value -1 to get all the products.

I went ahead for investigation and found that you are using the older version of Pro i.e. 4.3.3, I would suggest you update the Pro to its latest version i.e. 5.1.4 and check if that resolves your issue. If not, please grant the privilege to access the Layout and Page Builder for further investigation through the Admin Dashboard.

Thanks

I don’t have an issue (this isn’t a bug) and the functionality in 4.3.3 and 5.1.4 for what I am doing are exactly the same. Because Themeco has a habit of introducing weird regressions in each major version, this client has chosen to stick with the current version.

Again, I’m asking how to list ALL items on the /shop/ page. This is a support question applicable to any shop using WooCommerce and there should be no need for my login info since the solution would be the same for any WooCommerce store.

Why did you ask me to create a login for you? It doesn’t seem like it was used for any reason.

Hello @co50,

I tested the theme options WooCommerce —>Posts Per Page and it is working.
Pro version 5.1.4
WordPress version 5.9
WooCommerce version 6.1.1

Theme-Options-Pro (8)

If this setting is not working for you we need to check your settings that is why we need your login details. At the moment your login details are not working.

OR

Please have look at this article to display to change the number of product on the shop page.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This is getting ridiculous at this point, so I’m just going to copy and paste my original question until someone actually responds to it. @kyle - support is a shell of what it used to be. Four different support reps unable to answer a simple question. Astounding.

Again, I’m asking how to list ALL items on the /shop/ page when using custom loopers.

Hey @co50,

Our shop page - https://sandwichspotssf.com/shop/ - will only show 20 items per page despite us setting products per page in Theme Options to 40 and setting WordPress Settings > Reading to show 40 posts. Not sure where else this can be set.

If we use a custom looper provider, I see that it then shows all items but I’m not sure how to configure that to show all items (no pagination) and also show the correct items when browsing specific categories.

Normally, the shop index and all the WooCommerce archive pages will follow the settings in Cornerstone > Theme Options > WooCommerce > Shop.

Now, if you are using a custom Looper Provider (Query Builder), the product items will display up to the number of post items set in Settings > Reading.

Again, I’m asking how to list ALL items on the /shop/ page when using custom loopers.

Which Looper Provider, you are using? You should only be using the Looper Provider Query String and indicate how many post to display per page post_type="product"&posts_per_page=99.

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 8.45.42 AM

Hope this helps.

Despite using the query string you provided, the front end still shows just 20 items. When in the layout editor, it shows 50 items, but this does not translate to the front end.

Settings > Reading is set to show “40” posts.

Theme Options > WooCommerce is set to show “40” products.

Nothing is set to show 20 items (what the front end currently shows) or 50 items (what the editor shows when editing this looper).

What’s going on?

Hello @co50,

Please provide the credentials to your site again so that I will double check it. The previously given password is no longer working for me.

Thank you.

Strange, nobody changed it on our end since it was provided. I’ve reset it back to what is in the secure note.

-Greg

Hello @co50,

I checked your site dashboard it seems that you have not given the administrator privilege to this user account. I would suggest you please provide admin privilege to this user account so that we can check it.

Thanks

Sorry, the account is an admin but some menus were turned off for all except super-admins. It’s all set now.

-Greg

Hello @co50,

The number of products items works in our local test servers. Kindly check out this videos:

We are using the same Pro theme version which means that a 3rd party plugin could be causing the issue. The certain plugin may be limiting the products to display 20 items only. It is best that you create a staging site so that we can disable all the plugins in the staging area except the WooCommerce and check out your issue again. We can then activate the plugins one by one to pinpoint which one of them is the cause of the issue.

By the way, there are several plugins that needs to be updated. Please update these plugins and test the site again.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.