Problems with re-installing from design-cloud

I installed “Ethos Photography” from the design cloud and later deleted all the components I could find, because I had decided on a different theme.

Now I wanted to use “Ethos Photography” again and download it from the design cloud again, but it didn’t work. I followed the hint with “&clean-cache” (http://dev.xxxxxxxxxx.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=x-addons-home&x-clean-demo-content-cache), but that didn’t help either.

What do I have to do?

Thanks!

Hey Andreas,

I tried removing assets of the Ethos Photography demo, switched to a different theme and then switched back to Pro and installed Ethos Photography again and it went smoothly and all assets were imported completely.

Would you mind elaborating what doesn’t work. Please provide screenshots and also access to your WordPress Admin in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

After installing the Ethos Photography demo I get the following error-message:

Is “Secure Note” the same as “Inline Reply”?. I`ll send the login data after I got your reply.Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-30 um 15.20.31

Thanks!

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Below your previous replies, you should be able to see the Secure Note button where you can post the credentials.

For the meantime, you might need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for sharing the login information. The problem that you are experiencing seems to be not related to the Design Cloud, even on an empty site that you have I see the same problem when I want to access X > Theme Options.

I tried a few troubleshooting steps with no success. I wonder if it is ok that you reset your WordPress installation? You will lose all the data on your website and need to reinstall the theme. As the website is empty I thought it would be the best course of action. You can achieve that using this plugin.

I would delete the X and X Child theme too and start from scratch.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.