Problems Upgrading X from 4.6.4 to 5.2.4

Hello,

When I try to upgrade X from 4.6.4 to 5.2.4 the homepage of my website messes up. The footer gets placed on the right hand side of the main content area. WordPress version installed is 4.8.3, and all plugins are up to date including Cornerstone 2.1.6. It appears a div tag is missing when I upgrade X which cause the footer to shift. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I am using the Ethos stack.

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Are you using CloudFlare or may have installed a caching plugin like WordFence, W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache? Please keep in mind that after doing every updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.
​
​To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation. Once you have provided us with your URL, we will be happy to assist you with everything.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password
​
Thank you.

Hello. I have provided a secure not with login information.

Hi There,

You had an extra </div> on your code:

<div class="taxDeadline">
     [ujicountdown id="Tax Countdown" expire="2017/04/18 00:00" hide="true" url="" subscr="" recurring="" rectype="second" repeats=""]
     <div class="days">Days</div>
     <div class="left">   <strong> Until Tax Deadline</strong> | <span style="color: #2fa6fa;">April 18, 2017</span></div><div class="eventLink"><a href="/events">View Tax Deadlines ></a></div></div>
     <div style="clear:both;"></div>

I have fixed for you.

Hope it helps

Thank you! I had a strong feeling it involved the

tag, but I couldn’t understand why it didn’t effect the older version and it was only when updating it caused the footer to shift.Thank you for your help!

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.