Problems Moving XTheme to New Server and Path

Hello,

I’ve tried for days to try to move xtheme to my new server. But every time I activate any plugin associated with xtheme (cornerstone, x-???, etc…)

The entire front and backend breaks. Giving me the white screen of death.

The only thing that allows me to access the backend again is renaming all the plugin folder to deactivate all the plugins.

I’ve followed the steps here, but no luck: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126

I’ve tried to migrate the website from scratch, installatron, every migration plugin possible. AND NOTHING WORKS.

Every other wordpress website migrated with no problem. Only X Theme is giving me these problems.

Hi there,

A white screen usually means there is a fatal PHP error. Can you please enable WP_DEBUG mode? You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding the following code just above /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page with the white screen, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hello,

I have done what you instructed. When activate only cornerstone, I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in …/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2523

Then when I try to add this line to wp-config.php (‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’ ):wink:

I get this error: Notice: Constant WP_MEMORY_LIMIT already defined in …/public_html/wp-config.php on line 96


All this is very strange since I migrated a few other websites not using X Theme and everything worked perfect. Only X Theme is causing these issues.

Please advise. Thank you

FYI, this issue has been solved.

For anyone else facing this problem. Since my new host is VPS from Godaddy, trying to increase the memory in wp-config did not work. Nor did creating a php.ini file in root (or etc)

What Worked:

1- Go into WHM
2- Software - MultiPHP INI Editor
3- Individually, go into each PHP version on this screen. Then increase PHP Limit to 512mb. (Also, it doesn’t hurt to change “execution time” and “input time” to “90”. Also change “upload max filesize” to 8mb)

That solved the problem for me.

Glad it has been sorted out and thanks for sharing.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.