Problem with Template

Hi there,

I want to use the template Blank - Container/Header/Footer. It works perfectly when choosing directly from x-theme.
So I created a copy of this template in my childtheme-folder. Everything connects well and I can choose it from the template-dropdown menu. But even though I´m using exactly the same code, the layout looks different: It does give me a header and a footer which is stretched out full page as supposed to. But it keeps showing me the title of the page and on the right side the background of the sidebar. What am I doing wrong?

thank you very much!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I assume that you are working locally. Can you please send us a screenshot so that we will have an idea of what is going on?

Regards.

Hi there, thanks for getting back.
yes you are right, I´m working locally. I will try to explain as well as possible:
I want to have a full screen layout without a sidebar, using a template.

I created the template in the child-theme and it connects well.
the content of the page acts accordingly and stretches full page, without a sidebar.
But: you can still see the gray background of where the sidebar used to be, I will attach a screenshot now.
I hope this makes it clear.
Its strange, because I just copied the code from the original template file and didn´t change anything (template-blank-1.php).

Thanks for your help!

these are the classes used in the template and there is no call for the sidebar:

<div class="offset cf">
    
  <div class="x-main full" role="main">

      <div class="em-wrapper">

Hi again,

finally I got it working through the settings in the Customizer. I didn´t think they would affect my page when using a custom styled page layout, but they did.
thank you

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.