Problem with telephone icon on main menu

Hi,

I followed the advice on some of the other threads on how to add a telephone icon to my main header menu. This works perfectly on every page but my home page. All pages share the same template structure and main top menu. For some reason on the home page, the menu bar drops down now and the telephone icon does not show and I can’t figure out what is different on that page to the other ones. Could you advise what I should look for.

The other question is also styling. When I was first designing it I changed the background colour on the mobile menu to a gold shade. I want to change it back to white now but I just can’t figure out where I did this. I’ve looked in theme options and header options but can’t find anywhere that this gold shade shows in the design view. Could you give me a pointer on where to look for this please. Link is below so you can see what I mean.

https://staging.babingtoncarspares.com

Thank you.

Hello @LFSdesign,

Thanks for writing in! The issue could be caused by caching. it could also be caused by a broken code. We would love to check your custom header settings. Please provide us access to your site. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @LFSdesign,

Unfortunately, the given captcha does not work, even the suggested one is not working. Can you please check and send it once again or you can temporarily remove the captcha from your staging site.

Thanks

First letter should have been K sorry! Have send you note.

Hi @LFSdesign,

The given credentials still not working for us. Please double check your credentials and update them with the correct ones.

Thank you.

Details are correct. I’ve just tested them. Please try again.

Thank you

Hi @LFSdesign,

I check again your website and it seems that you remove the telephone icon because I don’t see it anymore with your subpages. That being said, I can’t check the settings why you are having that issue.

On the other hand, to change the background color from gold shade to white, just go to your Navigation Layered > Off Canvasthen locate the setup tab.

Hope that helps.

I tried changing it to something I found on the forums but that just made it disappear but it is still there if you hover over the right side of the menu bar. The mouse pointer changes to a hand. This is the code I used .

On the live site that I pushed it across to last night, it has the original code and with that code the phone icon shows on every page except the home page although again if you hover over the right side of the menu it changes to a hand which means the call link is there but for some reason the icon is white like the background. On all the other pages it is black and shows. All pages are sharing the same main header menu so I just don’t understand why. The code I used originally and is still the same on the live site is

Is there a way to set the original code with a colour? I think it’s just white like the background on the home page.?

The same with the mobile menu. The phone was there and then it looked like a different icon that I didn’t chose and now it just shows a big area of white with the hand pointer showing when on the space where the phone should be.

Thank you so much for the tip on the navigation layered>off. I thought I had gone through every choice there was for background but I missed that one!

This is what I mean by the icon I didn’t choose for the menu. It’s one I have used in the website but not the menu. It’s only on the mobile navigation. It’s just so odd.

Hello @LFSdesign,

You are using an incorrect icon code. You should only use this: <i class="x-icon" data-x-icon-s="&#xf095;"></i>

Best Regards.

Thank you Ruenel

Hi @LFSdesign,

You’re welcome! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.