Problem with some blocks in page builder

Hello,

I noticed that some block elements do not display in the page builder. It seems to be related to the changes you have done and there might therefore be a change that need to be done in the parameter or something. Could you please help me to fix it?

Here are some block that don’t work:

  • line
  • image (note the the “classic image” works fine)
  • text (note the the “classic text” works fine)

Thanks,
Antoine

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have logged in and found out that you are using Cornerstone 2.1.4 yet the X theme is still 5.1.1. X 5.2.3 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (https://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello,

Thanks for the explanation. I’ve updated to the new version of X theme and it solved the problem. I didn’t think it would actually impact my website as I am using Theme Pro. Anyway, thanks !

Another problem I have is in the last section of the homepage. The text on the red button on the right side should change when the user click on it. It does however not work. I do not understand as I have exactly the code on other pages and it works fine (see here for example). Here is the JS I use, with the class “changetext” for the button:

/* Change text button onclick */
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
  $('.changetxt').click(function(e){
e.preventDefault();
var $this = $(this);
$this.toggleClass('changetxt');
if($this.hasClass('changetxt')){
     $this.html('<i class="x-icon mvn mln mrs x-icon-phone" data-x-icon="&#xf095;" aria-hidden="true"></i> Appelez le 09&nbsp;83&nbsp;57&nbsp;52&nbsp;10');
} else {
    $this.html('<i class="x-icon mvn mln mrs x-icon-phone" data-x-icon="&#xf095;" aria-hidden="true"></i> Appelez le 09&nbsp;83&nbsp;57&nbsp;52&nbsp;10');
}
  });
});

Any idea why it works on all other pages except the homepage? Might it due to the update of the theme?

Thanks,
Antoine

Hi there,

The active parent theme is not a Pro theme, you have a Pro Child theme but it still pointing to X theme instead of Pro. You should edit your child theme’s style.css and change the template value from x to pro, that’s when your Pro parent them should be active.

You added your code to cornerstone’s custom javascript, and it will be available to the page where you added it. You should add it to global custom javascript if you wish to apply it to all pages.

Thanks!

Thanks for your response,

I really do not understand what is wrong with the setting. Here is what I have in my style.css:

/*
Theme Name: Pro – Child Theme
Theme URI: http://theme.co/x/
Author: Themeco
Author URI: http://theme.co/
Description: Make all of your modifications to Pro in this child theme.
Version: 1.0.0
Template: pro
*/

Is there anything I need to change?

Could you please also explain me where to set up the responsive classes? I cannot find them anymore.

Also, is there a way to add an add attribut to a background image?

Thanks,
Antoine

Hi Antoine,

  1. Please navigate to Appearance > Themes and delete X Theme as it is conflicting with your pro child theme.

  2. I tried the button in your homepage and it seems to work.

See Video - https://www.screencast.com/t/ZATZKd3dbnq

Clear your browser cache and try again.

  1. You may click on this icon to add responsive text settings.

  1. You cannot add an attribute to a background image. It is only possible for image element.

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your response, I deleted the X Theme and hope it will resolve some problems I had.

Thanks,
Antoine

You’re welcome, Antoine.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.