Problem with permissions

Hi guys! Happy New Year
I’m writing because I have a problem I hope you might be able to help me fix.
After updating the theme to the latest version, I started experiencing an issue with the file permissions on my plugins folder where every time I install a new plugin or update an existing one to its newer version, all files and directories permissions on that one plugin turn to 700 and 600 (700 to directories and 600 to files).
This causes the plugin styles (on wp-admin and frontend) to mis-render, causing issues all over the place.
I have tried deleting the plugins, re-installing the theme and even installing the whole website on a new server, and I still get the same mistake over and over again.
This is extremely strange and has never happened to me before!

My developer has found a temporal solution by applying permissions again manually, but this is not optimal at all because every time my client has to update a plugin we would have to do this over and over again.
I currently have all plugins deactivated and don’t have the latest version installed (just reverted it because once I update it’s an insane disaster). But, you can see that even with this version, 1.2.4, I’m having the same issue. In fact, I’m still getting errors even if the plugins are deactivated. Currently I can’t even do anything on the site - Pro isn’t working at all, or even the Customize option.

Currently, you can see how there are even keywords at the top of some of the pages…
Anyways, I’m sending you the login info to see if you have any clue of what I can do to solve this problem.
Thank you very much!

Hi,

I would try checking with your hosting provider on this particular issue as it sounds like something related to your setup is causing this. Typically, this is due server configuration problems (permissions errors). Additionally, your host will be able to diagnose things much better due to the fact that they have a more complete view of your account and can work behind the scenes with you. If the problem you are experiencing persists after working with your host, don’t hesitate to let us know and we will be happy to assist you. Any relevant information that you can share with us from your host is also greatly appreciated as it will help us to better ascertain the source of the problem.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.