Problem with older website

Hi
I regularly update the themes/WP/plugins, but I have one website which I havent changed any content on for a couple of years.
Yesterday, I edited a few words on it, and when i saved it, it lost most of the layout I had created. In addition, there is no cornerstone… i can’t remember life before it!
Is there any way of fixing this without re-making the page? Luckily, it is a multilingual site, so you can see the original layout vs what happened.
Links are attached.

Many thanks for any help you can give me!!

HI There,

Your page was build with Visual Composer.

Visual Composer is still available with X.

I personally like Cornerstone so much more I would reccomend you to rebuild the page. But Visual Composer is still a great page builder.

Hope it helps

Hi Joao

No, it doesnt help! :slight_smile:

I need to fix the problem with the display of the page. As I mentioned, it created the issue after I saved a slight text edit on the original page. Now, I don’t know how to fix it.
Whilst I agree, and I love Cornerstone, I’m not in the position now to redevelop this at the moment…

Is there any way you can help me with this issue??

Hi there,

You should restore your site back to its previous state/copy, and you shouldn’t update your stable site without testing it. It could go wrong even if there is no issue with the updates and there are many contributing factors. Every update should be tested in a cloned or staging site.

And if your site was on very old version, then there probably conflict with the latest version especially with new elements and features. Hence, testing is always recommended.

Thanks.

I’m disappointed by both replies to this thread. It feels like you didn’t even look at the issue- and it is definitely not up to your normally exemplary customer support.

There was no problem with the update. The rest of the site is running without any issue. Where I edited the text is the only place that cause the problem. I hope you’re not suggesting we should clone a site every time we plan on making an edit to text on a working site.

Please look at this issue with fresh eyes. Thank you.

Hello Charles,

I am extremely sorry for the confusion. Please accept my sincere apologies for the confusion.

I just checked the French and English version of website and what I can spot is that the issue is with the columns in content area. I need to check what’s going in the backend but just looking at Chrome dev tools I can see that English version has the column div and the elements are wrapped inside that, on the other hand column is not present on French version. That’s the reason why French version of the page layout is having issues. Let me try to elaborate my point via few screenshots:

https://screencast.com/t/QbsyHYge

https://www.screencast.com/t/A1rlbg0zUBB

So what you need to check in the backend is whether or not those elements are wrapped inside Visual Composer Columnize element while making sure the layout is two column. Here is the screencast of what you need to check. https://screencast.com/t/AnDTCpGMu8C

If you face any issues please update the thread, I will be very happy to assist you further.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant
Thanks for your input. I managed to resolve the problem. All is good again!

Glad to hear it,

Cheers!