Problem with Header in Pro

I’ve built a site using Pro https://learningworx.co.uk which looks great and performs well.

However when I launch pro to change the header, it freezes. I get the circle timer going round and then it times out. All I’m trying to do is add a link to the Facebook button, it’s not a complicated header. I get either a 503 Service Unavailable or request timeout message.

I’ve been adding content without any problems, but as soon as I go into the header, the same thing happens. The site comes back after a few minutes, but my change isn’t done.

I have the latest version of Pro and the latest version of Wordpress, with Pro Child theme activated.

I also have the same test site on another server and I don’t have a problem there.

Hello There,

You may be experiencing PHP memory limit exhaustion. ​We recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. And if it does not help, could you please provide us access to your site so that we can investigate for any JS error or other errors that may have caused this issue?

Thank you.

Thanks, I’ve tried this – added your code to the wp-config.php file and cleared my browser, but the same problem is happening. I’ve also tried it in different browsers, Safari, Firefox and Chrome. The circle timer on the right hand side appears as soon as I add the link and then the site times out.

Very happy to give you a login to the site, please let me know how I can do this.

Just another point, I don’t know if this is relevant, I have the site hosted with Krystal Hosting which have LiteSpeed caching.

In this case, we’ll need to see the generated error so please give us WP admin access in a Secure Note so we could investigate further.

Thanks.

How do I send you a secure note?

Ahh, sorry I can see…

I checked and there’s an admin-ajax issue that infinitely loops. I checked one of them and it’s coming from Ninja Forms.

Please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that doesn’t help, it is most probably due to your hosting configuration. Try asking your host if they could completely disable caching for troubleshooting purposes. If you can, try testing another host. Here’s a hosting selection guide from an X user.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.