Problem with child theme

I downloaded the Child theme Pro but when I activate it, the site has no slider and the color scheme changes. Is there someting I have to do before using a child theme?

Hello @Leprojet251,

Thanks for writing in! The child theme, when installed and activated, will inherit all the parent theme’s settings. Please check out the following steps when you install and activate the child theme:

• Download the child theme and upload it to your WordPress dashboard in Appearance > Themes like any normal theme. Please do not activate it yet.
  • Go to Pro > Validation > Theme Options Manager and download the XCS file to your local computer.
  • Go back to Appearance > Themes and then activate your newly uploaded child theme.
  • Go back again to Pro > Validation > Theme Options Manager and import the XCS file that you have previously downloaded. This is to make sure that your child theme will have the same settings as your parent theme.
  • Lastly, if you have made any file modifications, please make sure to note those files. Copy those files and place them in your child theme’s folder in the same order. And if you added any custom codes in your parent theme’s functions.php file, you will have to transfer those codes to your child theme’s functions.php file.

By the way, your given credentials do not work for us. We haven’t been able to log in to your site.

Hope this helps.

I followed the instructions but the same thing happens. No header and no slider.

i changed the PW

Hello @Leprojet251,

The password is still invalid. Please double-check it.

Thanks.

i logged in. the password now works

Hi @Leprojet251,

I was able to login to the site. I checked that you added this code in child theme’s functions.php file

This code conflicts with Revolution slider and Theme JS.
Kindly add right code to avoid this conflict

Thanks

can you remove iy. its only the facebook pixel code

Hello @Leprojet251,

Sorry, We can not remove the PHP code since editing PHP code of theme function.php file without FTP is not good practice. If you have an idea about the coding then you access it through FTP
File Path \wp-content\themes\pro-child\functions.php or you can consult a developer who can help you with your concern.

Please note that we don’t provide custom development or child theme customization support. It is out of the support scope.

Thanks for understanding

thank you for your help. i removed the code and the child theme works.

Hi @Leprojet251,

Glad to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.