Problem wirth headers after updating PRO

Hello,

I set up 2 websites in Pro (latest versiin: 3.2.3) with a custome header.

I updated them to the newest version (Cornerstone is back instead of the editor in Pro), but because i got some serious troubles with the headers I restored them with a back-up.

Since i like to have them stay updated, I would like to know what do do to avoid changes in the header.

https://thinkplusdo.com/

Can you give advice?

Regards, Astrid

Hey Astrid,

Thanks for reaching out!

I suspect the issue with the header has something to do with the Cornerstone cache. If you are going to upgrade your Pro current version to the latest version, I suggest that you clear your Cornerstone cache by going to Cornerstone > Settings > System and hit the clear style cache button.

If the issue still persists, I suggest that you copy your website into a staging area so that we can test it properly. Once the staging area is up, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Hey Astrid,

I was able to replicate your issue! The issue has something to do with your permalinks. To fix your issue, you need to set your permalink post name.

You can check it in your staging area that the header is now showing properly in the backend.

Hope that helps.

Hello
I followed the steps in the staging-version, permalinks and cache (also deactivated the cache plug-in) but still the header is not what it used to be in the older version and soes not work properly. I prefer to work with the newest version. What’s wrong?
Regards, Astrid

Hey Astrid,

I check your live header and staging area they are showing the same layout. Would you mind sharing more information about the problem you are encountering?

Cheers!

There is a significant difference in the header, also a in the blog option (news).

Hi Astrid,

I have checked and found there two different header is set for the Entire Site and the News i.e. the Blog Page. The Header set to the Blog Page is having the priority value lesser than Entire Site and that is why it is applied to the Blog Page.

You can remove the condition or you can set a higher value to Blog Page header so the Main Header will be applicable to Entire Site.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks a lot, I managed to fix it. Finally i had te adjust the height of te header.

Kind regards, Astrid

Hi Astrid,

Glad to know that it is fixed.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.