Problem when editing a post

Hi There,

I am having some troubles when editing a post.

Once I click into Cornerstone, everything in the post (e.g. headings, text, images, etc.), except the featured image, appears squashed up inside the right hand sidebar. This has only been happening since the last X theme update.

All the software is up-to-date.

I am hoping there is a solution. Any thought on how I might be able to have my content appear below the featured image again?

I’m happy to send you a screen shot.

www.alanjonesonline.com

Cheers

Hello @alanjonesonline,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

As the content is shifting to right side under sidebar only in preview panel, it’s difficult for me to suggest you solution as the same is not hapening in the live website. In that regards I would like to take a closer look at your setup. Would you mind sharing website login details in a secure note?

Thanks.

Hello There,

Thanks for providing the information. I have logged in and I could not replicate the issue. This is what I am seeing:

You maybe experiencing browser cache issue. Your browser maybe loading the cache version of the JS/CSS scripts in Cornerstone preview. Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi there

Thanks for looking into this. My apologies, I should have specified, the issue is accuring in relation to posts not pages. Your screen shot is of a page.

In any case i’ll clear the cache as suggested and see if that fixes the issue.

Cheers

Hi,

Can you try the following,

  1. Try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

  2. Activate parent xtheme and see if it fixes the issue. If the issue is resolved then you know that there is some custom code in your child theme that is causing the issue.

  3. When I checked there are number of times where the content didn’t show up at all.
    Can you try adding the code below in your wp-config.php located at the root directory of your site.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You may add it before this line of code.

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Hope that helps

Hi there

Thank you. Very helpful. It was a third party plugin (Category Posts Plugin) conflict as you mention.

Cheers!

Glad you’ve sorted it out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.