Problem Inserting Links into a Text

I’m trying to insert a link around two words in a text element as shown in this screenshot:

As you can see, the words “this statement” are correctly shown as the link text here. But on the actual page (not in edit mode) the entire sentence is highlighted as though a link.

Hello @WPDave,

Thanks for asking. I can’t replicate the problem on my local setup. Looking at the image, code also seems to be fine. I checked the website on chrome dev tools and there seems to be a empty link tag getting attached. Also it looks like you are runing Cornerstone version 2.1.2. I would like to let you know that we have released version 2.1.3 which is a maintenance release to fix bunch of reported bugs. Can you please update Cornerstone and see if the issue still up there? If you still face the issue please share website login details for us to look more.

Thanks.