Problem editing Cornerstone pages after upgrading X Theme followup

I’m following up to the original post because I didn’t realize that there was a reply and the topic had been closed. My initial question is located here. https://theme.co/forum/t/problem-editing-cornerstone-pages-after-upgrading-x-theme/80309.

I’ve tried turning off all the non-x theme plugins and still get the error and we aren’t running a child theme. I’ll list my login details below for you to please check what might be happening to the site.

Best,
David

Hi David,

The given credentials are not working, can you please check and send it once again.

Thanks

sorry about that… I’ve posted a new secure note below.

Hey @permaculturegardens,

What’s the login URL? I tried the WP default wp-admin and it doesn’t work.

it’s weird, my site url was set to http and all my plugins were deactivated. Did you login earlier and make changes?

Hi @permaculturegardens,

I am also seeing the same page with my colleague, please fix it first so that we can help you with your issues.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

It may have been a problem with the auto-update feature for my wordpress installation (stalled on update to 5.5.3). I’ve fixed the permissions issues and the update is installed. Can you please try again?

I’m no longer getting the same error as before when editing in Cornerstone. Now I get this javascript error.

cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:357 Uncaught Error: Could not find valid URL parsing mechanism for URL Sanitization
at cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:357
at new i (cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:358)
at Function.i.create (cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:358)
at e.r.create (cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:103)
at cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:77
at u (cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:83)
at c (cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:91)
at cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:93
at h (cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:93)
at e.r.create (cs-vendor.0ce70e6.js:99)
.js:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

Hi @permaculturegardens,

Even after login into your website and edit the content using the Cornerstone, the described issue is not found. Can you please explain the steps to reproduce the issue to diagnose the problem?

Thanks

If you go into the website, click Dashboard->Pages. The first page 2020 Heirloom Pole Bean Trial, if you click on “Edit With Cornerstone”, shows Cornerstone with the correct sections on the left, but the live preview/edit window on the right just shows the title with no actual Cornerstone elements rendered.

It looks like this is an error caused by the javascript error I mentioned above.

Hello, @permaculturegardens,

There might be a few different reasons for this issue, I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.