Problem Displaying ACF Pro Option Page Information

Hi team,

On my current build, I’ve ustilised the ACF Pro Options Pages for the first time. I’ve very familiar with ACF Pro and using it extensively with loopers and consumers. However, this is the first time I’ve tried to do it with an Options Page and I just can’t seem to get my provider correct.

I’m trying to build the looper into my off canvas on the “nav bar” header using the “mum strong settings” option page and the “mum strong settings” field group.

I’m assuming I’ll need to use a nested looper in this case as I’m using it to create a class table for potentially 1 or 2 school terms (depending on how the options page is configured).

Can you please have a look and let me know where I’m going wrong? Currently I’ve tried multiple ways to achieve the following and I can’t get the date and time fields to pull through:

Can you please help me get the correct looper set up?

Thanks,
ashley

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for writing in!

For your Looper Provider Dynamic Content, you will have to use {{dc:acf:option_field field="class_schedule_current_term"}}.

You can add {{dc:looper:debug_consumer}} to check on the available data returned by the looper. Use {{dc:looper:item}} to display the current item or {{dc:looper:field key="name"}} to display specific current item field.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Rue Nel. I still can’t seem to get it to work.

Does it need to be a nested looper? It’s basically a div inside of the off canvas that then has two other divs inside of it (eventually when the business grows, it’ll be three).

For the first div, i have the provider {{dc:acf:option_field field=“class_schedule_current_term”}}. And then am able to pull in dynmaic content that for the title that is not nested inside another div.

For the first div (the one i’m testing), I have tried what you said above but it didn’t pull through anything. I also tried having {{dc:acf:option_field field=“restore_your_core_timetable”}} as the provider on this div as that is the repeater in the field group, but again, nothing came through.

Anyway, i still can’t get it to work. Can you please have a look and provide a bit more direction?

Also, this is the first I’ve come across {{dc:looper:debug_consumer}}. can you give me more info on how to use this when I’m setting up and testing loopers? is there a help article on it?

Thanks,
Ashley

Hello Ashley,

Please be advised that your Timetable is a repeater. You will need a Loop to display each of the repeater items. I would recommend that you check out this video tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w7nD6W9tlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnXpRW4G_M

The {{dc:looper:debug_consumer}} dynamic content allows to you display the item being returned by the loop. This is helpful in getting the fields and other data that you would like to display on the page.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.