Pro Video Portfolios when linking to Youtube iFrames need Consent popup

Hi there,

There is an issue with embedding YouTube videos in a portfolio using an iframe embed code and that is the fact that you don’t have a setting in the portfolio to require a user’s consent before loading the YouTube cookies.

I have a good and free code snippet that allows for the embedding of a video using a shortcode so it loads some code to throw up a button asking for the users permission to load the video but I can’t use that because I can’t seem to add a shortcode to the YouTube text field instead of an iframe embed code so I guess that you need to add the necessary code and a button to turn it on.

Any idea if this functionality can be implemented please as I can’t see how we can use Pro to build websites with YouTube videos embedded anymore without it?

Hello @paulrandall,

Thanks for writing in!

If you have built the page or portfolio item using Cornerstone Builder, you can insert the JS code in the builder instead:

And if your are not using the builder, you can insert the JS code in Cornerstone > Theme Options > JS and then you can insert the Youtube embed code into each of the page or portfolio item.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.