Pro Update Crashes

Hi,

I have a website and a PRO version installed. The version I had active was 4.0.11. I wanted to update PRO but the whole site crashed. So I downloaded the 4.2.3 version first…and that version also had problems. Is there a PRO version before the 4.2.3 that I can use to upgrade? Because I think the new versions have a script in the included map that causes the crash. I already went back to version 4.1.5. this one also didn’t work.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Vink

Hey Jeroen,

Please check your server’s error log or ask your web host to give you the error log then post the errors generated in the Secure Note.

Regretfully, the oldest version we provide is the stability release which is 4.2.3. Please ask your host to restore your site from a backup.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

I can restore the site myself but i can not update PRO.
I made a screenshot of the warning. There is a conflict with the cornerstone-plugin.php document. Is there an adjustment requirred for this php document?

Hi Jeroen,

I would suggest you deactivate and delete the Pro and re-install the version by downloading from your Themeco account and check if that resolves your issue. If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note for further investigation, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password
– FTP/CPanel to access the files

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: We always suggest updating to the latest version as it has fixed all the reported and known bugs

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @macvink,

I tried to update your Pro theme to the latest version and I don’t see any issue when doing it. The great thing is, your theme is now fully updated.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

My homepage has completely disappeared. It should look like https://vo.tobiasschool.nl.
Now only the slider is displayed.

Hi @macvink,

I compared both websites http://testen.proberen.nu/ and https://vo.tobiasschool.nl/ then they just look the same on the homepage. Maybe it is just a cache version on your end, I suggest that you clear your browser cache.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hey @macvink,

I investigated your test site and it is your child theme that is causing the issue. Please have a developer check the custom codes and update or fix them.

Please note that we do not provide support for theme modifications.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

The problem seems to be the code for show excerpt on recent post in the PRO child function.php
We copied and pasted this code from your forum. So probably more people will get a crash with the pro update and ther child theme function.php with this additional code.
Is there another solution to show the excerpt of recent post at the moment? Please let me know.

Kind regards!

Hi @macvink,

Regretfully, there is no such pre-made solution to show the excerpt in Recent Posts.

Thanks