PRO Update broke Events Calendar Pro

A website I work on recently updated Pro. Now the Events Calendar is not displaying properly It used to display in blank page without any side widget bars. And it used to display a calendar and now I’m seeing this:

"Loading view. Views Navigation Show filters Event Views Navigation Month List Month Day Photo Week Today 3-18-2022 March 2022 Select date. Filters Changing any of the form inputs will cause the list of events to refresh with the filtered results. Done Clear Event Category: Open filter Close filter Remove filters Event Category Close filter Cost ($): Open filter Close filter … "

I know that Pro is the culprit because I switched the theme to 2020 and the calendar displayed properly again.

What can I do to fix this?

https://www.fivesparks.org/events/

Hello @kcostellomak,

Thanks for writing to us.

It might be an issue of plugin conflict or a cache issue. Please make sure you have purged all the cache and server cache as well. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

We have determined that it is indeed the Pro Theme update. It works with other themes. The exact page that is not displaying properly is: https://www.fivesparks.org/events/

That should be a calendar view and it should full screen mode.

Could you please log in as admin and take a look. It would be greatly appreciated.

Hey @kcostellomak,

The given credentials are not working, please double check and update them with the correct ones.

Thank you.

Sorry, try the one attached.

Hi @kcostellomak,

I have checked the events page and found that it is a Tribe Events archive page, which is a 3rd Party plugin. I would suggest you contact the Plugin Author on this and let us know the feedback from them.

Thanks

They are just going to send us right back to you since it’s a problem with the theme. The calendar worked fine before the update. It also displays properly on other themes. I tried reinstalling a previous version of X-Pro but I think I need to go further back to get the one we had. Is there a page where I can download the the older versions?

Hello @kcostellomak,

It seems that you have a slug conflict.

Kindly edit your Media slug first and then test your events page again.

Hope this helps.

Changing the slug has had no effect. Our slug has always been /events and has never changed. Not sure what is causing this now.

Here is a screenshot. This should be a full width page displaying a calendar in month view.

Can we roll back to an earlier version of Pro? I want to step back until this problem no longer is an issue. Current version of Pro and the one immediately preceding it have the problem. I need to go further back.

Hey @kcostellomak,

If Pro 5.0.8 is the version you’re referring to preceding 5.1.5, regretfully, there’s nothing else to revert to. This is the reason why it is very important that you have a website backup and follow the rest of the best practices when updating anything in WordPress.

Please ask your web host if they have a copy of your site when it’s still working and if they can restore your site for you.

It would also really help us if you reach out to the Events Calendar author and ask their development team what templates of theirs are affected. Please then pass the details to us.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.