Pro theme update 6.4.11. breaking site

Hello,

When I updated to 6.4.11., the home page of our website broke the layout of our site.

See attached images. I had to roll back to yesterday’s backup. The site is fine now.

Our hosting provider automatically updates plugins and themes, so the Cornerstone plug in and Wordpress where already updated. If the hosting provider updates the Pro Theme, I worry it will break the site.

What can we do?

Thanks,
Cititec

Hi Cititec,

Can you please copy your live site to a staging server and update the Pro into it? And if everything goes fine in your staging, please migrate the staging server to live.
If it does not work, please give us access to the secure note including the:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

NOTE: I would suggest you clear the System Cache from Cornerstone > Settings > System > Clear System Cache and check in the incognito/private mode of the browser.

Thanks

Hi @tristup - thanks for the message.

I’ve shared the site login, Admin username/password via secure note

We can’t copy from staging to live unfortunately, this will remove our live job posts.

I copy from Live to Staging and give you access to that site too?

• Cititec

Hi Cititec,

I have checked your website and found it loading perfectly fine, and it seems that the cache is the reason behind your problem. If you are still facing the same issue after clearing all types of cache, please copy the live server to the staging and let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello @tristup

The live and staging servers looked okay because I had rolled back the updates. The live site does not have the latest version of Pro or Cornerstone atm.

However, I took you advice on first clearing the cache on staging, and then installing the update.

As you can see - after clearing the cache and updating the Theme, the staging site has layout issues:

https://cititecdev.wpengine.com/

The Theme update was the only update I made on staging.

Please advise.

Hi @Cititec,

You need to clear all the cache after the update too. If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your staging site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hello @tristup ,

I cleared the cache after the update, and recently cleared it again (Cornerstone > Settings).

I’ve given you access to the staging site via secure note.

Thanks

• A

Hello @CititecTalent,

I went ahead and checked your site settings it seems that the Homepage template was not set properly I went ahead and set the page template and your layout is rendering fine at the moment. Please check your site.

Hope it helps
Thanks

1 Like

Great job @prakash_s! Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Ben,

Glad that we are able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.