Pro theme is not working again

Over the past few days, everytime I login to the WP backend and launch Pro to try and update a page, the functionality of the theme just doesn’t work. Menus weirdly overlapping, rich text buttons to edit content not working only HTML. Save functions not working. Legacy imagery appearing after being deleted… it’s driving me mad. I’ve updated the Pro theme to latest version, still the same. Any suggestions, apart from throwing my computer out of the window would be very welcome.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reaching out!

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects your website behavior.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Hi Simon,

Thanks for getting back to us with all the details! I went ahead and check your admin settings and it seems that you didn’t assign the permalinks properly that’s why the cornerstone is not working. I went ahead and change the permalinks from plain to post name.

After changing the permalinks, I just check your homepage and I was able to edit the page then save it without any issue.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks Marc, Appreciate that. The only issue I’m still having, is when I go to edit text only the html version can be edited. The rich text button doesn’t work and there is no extra functionality on the drop down menu like adding a link or image etc. I don’t know if this is me, but it’s still happening. Have you come across this before?

Cheers Simon

Seems to be working now. Thank you for your help.

Hello Simon,

Glad to know that things are well for you please feel free to reach us if you have any queries regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.