Pro Theme is ending WordPress Session and not able to save

I have updated Xtheme on my website and after the update, it will not let me make any edits to the page with Cornerstone. When I attempt to make a change using the fields change it does not show up on the page but the Save button switches to yellow. When I click on Save. A message pulls up and says “Uh oh, failed to save undefined.” When I exit Cornerstone it brings up the WordPress login page. Why does it log me out?

I could not find a solution for this so, I completely rebuilt the site. It was working fine. When I went to update the theme it failed to do so. So, I downloaded theme from Theme.co and uploaded to my platform. It asked me to replace the current theme and I indicated yes. Then the theme updated. I’m not sure if this is related but after my updates the site is NOT working again as I am running into the same issue I stated before.

Why am I running into this issue?

Hello Russell,

Thanks for writing in! I have checked your site and I found out that you have inserted an invalid JS code in the “About Us” page.

jQuery(document).ready(function(){
	// $('.hideslide').delay(7000).slideup(1000);
});

$(document).ready(function(){
  $(".hideslide").slideUp();
});

Please remove the JS code temporarily and try to save the page. May we know which page you are editing so we can test that as well?

By the way, I created a Test page and I was able to save it.

• See the secure note below

Best Regards.

I am able to delete the jQuery code in the custom code, however, I am unable to Save the change. Is there a way to delete this code in the backend? If so, where in the directory?

I am unable to edit your page and save any changes. I also made a new test page but it would also not let me save it.

Hey Russell,

What browser are you using? I was able to edit the page without any issue.

• Check the secure note

Try to use MS Edge or Brave browser and test the builder editing a page again. It could be a browser extension that is causing the issue.

Cheers.

I run into the same issue regardless what browser I am using. I have tested in MS Edge, Firefox, and Chrome and have had the problem in them all.

I was also unable to remove the jQuery code you requested. Since you said you are able to edit the page with no issues, please remove the JS code you requested me to remove earlier. It is located on the “About Us” page in the “Custom Code” editor under “Page JS”.

Hi Russell,

It is not clear why you are not able to remove the code suggested by my colleague. I checked and found the code has already been commented.

Thanks

Thanks for doing that. I’m not sure why it is still not working correctly. When I go to edit or do anything in cornerstone it errors out. When I try to exit it has me go to the login page.

I inspected the page console while this is happening and it shows this error…

Refused to apply style from ‘https://driftwoodvet.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fdriftwoodvet.com%2Fcornerstone%2Fcss%2Fstyle.css&reauth=1’ because its MIME type (‘text/html’) is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.Understand this error
about:srcdoc:1 Refused to apply style from ‘https://driftwoodvet.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fdriftwoodvet.com%2Fcornerstone%2Ffonts%2Fstyle.css&reauth=1’ because its MIME type (‘text/html’) is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled.

Does this make any sense to you? Would this be related to the issue I am running into?

Hi Russell,

I have checked by changing texts in a few pages temporarily and found it has been saved properly. If you are still facing the problem, can you please specify the page or post where you are facing it? I will suggest you please provide any screenshot marked with the issue or any video that helps us to recognize the problem.

Thanks

It’s every single page. I also went to another location, logged in with another computer, and still have the same issue. It seems to log me out of WordPress as soon as I try to do anything in Cornerstone. I am extremely surprised that you can somehow edit it unless you are doing on the backend or using some other method. Can you show me on your end how you are able to edit anything?

Hey Russell,

Please check out this video:

• See the secure note below.

Thanks.

I see that you were able to successfully edit the page but I am still unable. Please provide information of possibilities of why this is happening.

Hey Russell,

What browser are you using? I am using MS Edge by the way. Try to use Brave or MS Edge and see how it goes.

Thanks.

This error happens in MS Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Brave and I have already stated this before. I have cleared my browser cache and manually did it through the WordPress server as well, and deleted cookies, and I have also deactivated all my plugins. I have tried all these but the issue persists. It is extremely odd that you are able to login and edit and save a page as I logged in from different computer at another location and the issues persists. I don’t think this is a browser issue and I am getting rather frustrated that you don’t have any answers of why this might be happening.

Hi Russell,

It is very difficult for us to provide any solution if the issue is not replicable at our end. I have checked it again in different browsers by creating a new page. I also used a different ISP to check, but it worked fine. Can you please make a screen-capturing video and share it with us so we can understand what you are facing at your end?

Thanks

I hope we can find a solution soon. I will send you a link to video screen recording. At the end I used the inspector console and you can see all the errors as I do different actions on the page.