Pro theme install error

Hey There,

I am trying to install the pro theme through FTP - Copied entire pro directory to /themes/pro All files copied over (with some overwrites?). Now the CMS has a sever error. If I delete the theme then CMS runs fine. I also tried the install through the dashboard, I get the same error. I use wordpress through Godaddy. Any ideas?

Hi there,

Please make sure that there is no existing pro directory is wp-content/themes. Then kindly download the latest version of Pro that is on your dashboard.

Once you have downloaded it, extract the zip file and upload the pro directory in the themes folder.

You can then enable Pro when you login to the admin section.

In case you are still getting an error, kindly let us know what the error is so that we can provide some suggestion.

Cheers!

Followed the instructions as above.

The Theme appears in my theme list, but as son as I try and preview or activate I get a 500 Internal Server Error. If I activate out of Wordpress through my plesk admin, I can’t get wordpress to load at all - same error.

Tried for a third time and I can log into the CMS finally - error message now saying pro theme is broken and wordpress is reverting to the default theme.

Hello @mrflyeye,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You can take a look at following resource to fix up the 500 error message.

However, as you have updated the thread that the admin section is working fine but now Pro theme is broken. I think some files might have got corrupted in the process. Can you please deactivate all the plugins and see doing so enables you to activate the theme? If the theme is installing and activating properly then it’s quite certain that there is plugin conflict. You can then narrow it down by reactivating one plugin at a time.

If that does not helps, can you please share website login details (URL/username/password) and FTP credentials (host/username/password) in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, the fact that we can not install the Theme in a standard way means that there is an issue with your WordPress setup. Please contact your hosting support and ask them why your site can not put a file/folder on this path /httpdocs/wp-content/themes

We can upload the theme via FTP but that will take time, much better if we use cPanel’s/Plesk file manager. Upload the pro.zip file on this directory /httpdocs/wp-content/themes and extract it there.

Also, delete this pro2.0.4 folder in this directory /httpdocs/wp-content/upgrade

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Solved - clearly extracting in the plesk FM was the way to go. Thank you.

Glad to hear it’s sorted. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.