Pro Theme | Custom Taxonomy Filter

Hey guys, would like to get a little push in the right direction, if possible here. I seem to be missing something very small in detail here and was thinking it’s time for a new set of eyes. I am using pro theme. Also, I have tried to filter on /business-categories page template using tax_query to no avail. All help is appreciated!

In Functions.php

<?php function get_terms_dropdown($taxonomies, $args){ $myterms = get_terms($taxonomies, $args); $output =""; $output .="Please select a business category:"; foreach($myterms as $term){ $root_url = get_bloginfo('url'); $term_taxonomy=$term->taxonomy; $term_slug=$term->slug; $term_name =$term->name; $link = $term_slug; $output .="".$term_name.""; } $output .=""; return $output; } ?>

In single-business-search.php:

Select Business Category to Search Businesses:

<?php $taxonomies = array('business_categories' ); $args = array('orderby'=>'name','hide_empty'=>true);

?>

<?php $select = get_terms_dropdown($taxonomies, $args); $select = preg_replace("#]*)>#", "", $select); echo $select; ?>

So basically, I have a custom post type called Members,
I have a custom taxonomy called Business Categories,
I have another taxonomy called Membership Statuses,

With that being said…

On a page called business-search,

I have the code above (Business-Search)

So when I select a term from the dropdown on the business search page,
it goes to the /business-categoies url with the posts from the selected term from the dropdown.

I cannot however, get it to filter by membership statuses which are Current and Lapsed, once on the /business-categoies page.

I do not want it to show Lapsed businesses, at all.

Any tips on how to get this resolved would be great… I have tried to filter by using the tax_query and to no avail.

I believe it’s time for a new set of eyes to see what I have been overlooking.

I know it’s something simple.

I figured it has something to do with it being on the /business-categoies page and not the /membership-statuses page… but I dont want anyone public facing to be able to even see the memberhsip statuses page or no it exists…

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.