PRO THEME: Another "A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading."

Whenever I use the WP Bar at the top and go to Pro > Edit Page I get this error.

“A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading.”

I disabled all my plugins.
I switched off the child theme.

I uninstalled Pro twice and reinstalled twice.
I have tried the stable release.
I have tried deleting all content off of webpage and starting with blank pages.

I updated my WP-Config.php with:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

I will include login information in one of those admin only messages.

Still waiting for help but added wrinkle of confusion.

I created another site in this multi-site install. The secondary site works perfectly fine. The main site does not work.

Ok so this is what’s breaking it.

Pro > Edit Page sends me to (https://#######.wpengine.com/x/#/content/6) when I load it with http instead of https it works.

How do I remove the https from that?

Hey There,

You will need to run a search and replace using a plugin or mysql query. Alternatively you can ask WPEngine support to do that for you if you are not experienced with that.

Here’s a plugin that might help: https://wordpress.org/plugins/better-search-replace/

1 Like

I fixed it any idea what would have caused that so I can prevent it from happening again?

Hi There,

This usually happens if the site is switched from https to http.

Hope it helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.