Pro, Tag Archive conditions

Hi,

I’ve created a “Archive Layout” for my generic Blog page which works as exptect

Now I would like to create a different Archive Layout for a tag archive. I’v scanned the forum but I can figure out the conditions I need to set for the archive, my first archive is always used (although it ignores the header setting)

I think I miss the obvious here, any help appreciated.

Bart

Hello Bart,

Thanks for writing to us.

I would suggest you go to the layout and set the condition like this to render the archive layout on the tag page. Please have a look at the given screenshot for the conditions.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, that is what I tried, but it still doesn’t show the correct layout.

on my blog layout I have blog is being viewed as condition
It only works if I set post taxonomy is not tag as well on the blog layout

On top of that I cannot get rid of the standard wordpress tag header it seems?

Hello Bart,

To help you with your concerns we need to check your settings, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • Exact layout URL

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I’ve added it to the previous I just noticed.

Hello Bart,

I checked your site, and it seems that the layout is rendering on the tag archive page. There might be an issue with the cache. I would suggest you please purge all the cache temporarily deactivate the cache plugin( W3 Total Cache) and then check it.

Thanks

Hi,

I’ve disabled the cache plugin, but I now still need the ‘post taxonomy is not tag’ on the general archive, for the tag archive to work.

Also the default wordpress header remains, can I do something about that?

Hello Bart,

I checked your site it seems that you have not created any custom Header, you need to create a custom Header and assign the header with the same condition as shown for the archive page and check it.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi,

Slight taxonomy issue here :wink:

I mean the part of the screenshot where it says ‘Situational Awareness’ this part I cannot get rid of it seems.
I’m happy with the top page header.

Hello Bart,

You are referring to the Landmark Header which is part of the default header. To get off it, kindly check out this old thread:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Hi,

That works perfectly thank you!

Now I still have the issue that I need the ‘not tag’ selection on my generic archive layout.

Hi Bart,

After removing the Not Tag condition, you need to set the Tag Layout priority less than the main Archive Layout. Setting priority to -1 will help on this.

Thanks

That does the trick, I’ve played with priority, but I assumed higher is better, it is the other way around!

Hello Bart,

Glad that we were able to help you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.