Pro Sticky Header not working

Hi there,

First of all loving the theme and really enjoying using it.

I’d just like to point out a quick bug in the sticky header when using Hidden until Scroll. Seems it’s due to Number.parseInt/Number.parseFloat not working in IE. I’ve changed this to parseInt/parseFloat for the time being as it seems to be better supported. This has fully fixed the issue, although it’s probably not ideal since it requires direct editing to the themes JavaScript files.

Should I continue with this approach or wait for a fix?

Thanks.

Hi there,

That is an interesting point. Is it possible that you give us more detailed information about the actual file and the place in the code to check ourselves so that we can give a proper report?

And also I wonder what is the problem with IE is it IE 11? As we do not support older versions, and if yes then how we can recreate the bug so that we have the complete report on hand to give to the development team.

Meanwhile, you can temporarily change the file in the original theme but you need to do it again after each update till there is an official release.

Thank you.

Hi Christopher,

It is replicated within IE11. It seems to just be Number.parseInt/Number.parseFloat not being supported in general by IE.

This is at pro/framework/js/dist/site/x-body.js:1634 & 1690

Support documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/Number/parseInt

Support documentation for parseInt: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/parseInt

To replicate I’ve just added a bar with the header builder original position relative beneath a default hero header, set not to display on origin and to slide down when it is scrolled to.

I’m not sure if it is this that’s causing the bug or calling the function, but the bug should be replicated when calling setupStickyBar() or updateBar() in IE11.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information.

I will forward this to our web development team for review.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.