Pro shows squares instead of icons

I’m using Pro to work on my site, karenhughes.com.au. Pro isn’t showing any icons to work with, only squares. The squares also appear in the site’s navigation bar and footer. Help!

Here’s a screenshot.

Thanks

Hi Karen,

The Pro uses Font Awesome, font icons to show those and the problem of square icons show that the font is not detected most probably because your server blocks it.

Please follow the steps mentioned in this article to fix the problem.

You may have to contact your hosting service provider for this.

Also, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Thank you.

Thanks. I have a few other Pro sites and I’ve never had this problem, so maybe it’s a plugin. I’ll check.

Hi @ahtraining,

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

I’ve tested the plugins, but no change. I’m using a shared server so can’t make changes to .htpaccess as suggested - but I have 3 other sites on the same server and none of them have this problem so I don’t think it would help anyway. What else can I do?

Hi there.

It seems that the FontAwesome files are not accessible on your site.

It could be a permission issue or the files are corrupted.

Kindly login through FTP and check the files in wp-content/themes/pro/framework/fonts/font_awesome/ and see if the permissions are correct.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_File_Permissions

If they are correctly set and the issue persists, please provide the admin and FTP access to your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.