Pro not showing alt text on images

I recently updated from X to Pro, and I’m uploading a new blog post using the Pro editor for the first time. I’m getting the hang of it thanks to other threads posted here, but something I just noticed is that the field for Alt text on an Image is no longer showing up. Found another thread about it here, but there didn’t seem to be a resolution.

In that thread I linked to above, the staff member noted that the Alt text field is still available in Dashboard > Media. That’s true, I just confirmed on my end. But I think he missed the point that it’s no longer showing up when you’re actually in the Pro editor using an Image element to upload a new image. There’s a screenshot in that thread, but here’s another: https://i.imgur.com/luxZmO9.png

As I was writing this post, I also decided to check the source code on the page (it is published live, not a draft), and it seems the Alt text is no longer showing up at all. Screenshot of that here: https://i.imgur.com/GkCW0zE.png

Possibly a bug, or was this intentionally designed this way? It’s not the end of the world if I have to go to Dashboard > Media to input my Alt text, but when it doesn’t physically show up on the page, that’s not good.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Cory

Hi Cory,

It was intentionally designed that way. Alt text textfield is available on both image and classic image element settings.

See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cb6TX2I9H6

There is an open feature request for pulling alt text of an image if it exists.

Hope this helps.

I know there’s an alt text field in the element settings, but I just thought that was an additional way to add alt text - I didn’t realize that was the only way to get alt text to actually appear.

Doesn’t it make more sense to pull alt text directly from the image settings…? Having to write alt text in the element settings seems a little redundant…

Hi There,

Thanks for your input, I will forward it to our development team to be taken in consideration.

Cheers

+1 for just pulling alt text from the media library.

2 Likes

Hi there,

Thank you. Your vote is counted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.