Pro: Navbar load time issue on iOS Safari

Hi.

I’ve been developing a small mobile website for a client for the past few days and the site is almost finished.
However I’ve stumbled upon an issue when testing the website on iOS - both in Safari and Chrome.

The burger menu, which is visible on all sites expect the landing page (www.sikkerflaskegas.dk), is loading very slowly. I’ve tested this on iPhones 6 and 7, where the issue occurs in Safari. The load time varies - some times it’s a second, other times it may take even 5 seconds for the menu to fold out.

How can I solve this? The menu works fine on desktop (IE, Edge, Chrome) and Android, as well as on Macbooks (Safari, Chrome).

Kind regards,
Christian

Hello,

Thank you for writing in!

You need to contact your host provider to solve these issues: Check it here.

Hi John. Thanks for the reply. I’ll talk to my host provider.

Sure, let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

I’ve solved the issues John highlighted with the CORS-policy and the fonts. However, the load time is still significantly slower on iOS than other systems (Android, Windows).

There might have been a slight increase, but nothing significant.

Hi there,

I checked the case with my iPhone SE and it opens up in about 1 second with no problem using Safari. As mobile devices have minimal CPU capacity it is natural to see a slower reaction to items than other devices.

But it might be also the performance of the element you use which we will look into for sure to try to increase performance if needed, but at the moment there is no workaround available which I can give you on your case. I suggest that you use alternative methods, such as the Navigation collapse or other elements to use.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sure Chris. Thanks testing it thoroughly.

As the performance is much better on my Android (S7 Edge) in comparison to an iPhone 7, I would still believe this is a software rather than hardware issue (obviously still on the phone). But, my knowledge within this field is definitely limited.

I’ll pass this on to my client.

Thank you,

Meanwhile, we will inform our development team regarding this, and if any performance boost is needed for IOS related devices they will follow up and incorporate in future releases.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.