Pro modals and implementation question

One of my clients has a page they’ve been building on X where they’ve implemented modals via JavaScript (and the page is built mostly with shortcodes). The problem is that it isn’t completely ‘responsive’ and I’d like to move them away from building in that manner and towards Cornerstone elements or probably Pro would suit them even better.

See: https://www.apologeticscanada.com/conference-2018/

The specific problem we’re currently trying to solve is that the modals aren’t closable on Safari mobile. I’m sure there is some JavaScript error or bug in their implementation… but as I said above, I’d like them to be doing this stuff in Pro if possible. (For one, the plugin they are using to add the JavaScript to the page is buggy!)

First, would this kind of page/effect be possible with Pro modals?

Second, I notice the documentation page says, “The purpose of the element is to output a button which will display content in a modal on click.”
Is it more flexible than that? I don’t just want to tie it to a button. Can the modal be tied to any element, such as the images on that page above?

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) It will not be possible with the modals. You might want to use the responsive lightbox instead.
Please check out the demo here:
http://demo.theme.co/integrity-1/shortcodes/responsive-lightbox/

2.) The modals present in v2 elements (Cornerstone 2.1.0) is only for the modal element like search. You cannot assign the modal to any element like a button.

Hope this helps.

Hello, and thanks for the answer (even if a bit disappointing). :slight_smile:

re: #1 - I don’t think a lightbox can contain HTML and images and stuff, correct? It just pops up an image?

re: #2 - That’s a bummer. Will such v2 elements be coming? I know there are a couple 3rd party modal plugins for Cornerstone that do such things, but it seems that functionality should be included. Also, with 3rd party expansions like this, they seem to break quite often when Cornerstone/Pro is updated.

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

1.) Yes you are correct. You might need a 3rd party lightbox plugin to have more control of what you want to display in the lightbox.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/lightbox/

2.) We can add this as a feature request so it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive.

Thanks!