Pro mobile menu bug - update

Hi there,

Using latest-and-greatest version of Pro, WP, no funky plugins, etc…

On mobile menu, I cannot access top-level menu links if they have a submenu. I did a quick search and saw this is a known bug. The problem is that I have a site in dev that now cannot go live because of this.

Is there a workaround until the bug is addressed?

HI There,

Thanks for writing in!

That is the intended behavior. Before, it was a bug. There is no option to make the sub-indicator a separate control since it’s a single unit with the menu text. It could be possible with custom development but that would be outside the scope of our support.

The other solution for this would be to use UberMenu. UberMenu has more menu controls. Please see http://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-3/responsive/touch5 and the documentation in general.

Thanks for understanding.

Thanks for clearing that up. I have to say this does seem rather odd to describe this as intended behavior - especially since X (as well as every other WP theme I can think of) works the other way.

Anyway, for anyone else searching for a workaround what I’ve ended-up doing is amending the WordPress menu slightly. I’ve dropped top-level menu links by one level, and placed these child pages under a new top-level menu item containing a blank custom link.

Not as elegant as doing it (IMO) the right way, but it gets me out of a hole :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you’ve sorted it out and thank you for sharing the work around with us…

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.