Pro - Map Marker - Does this max out?

My client has a lot of locations to input. Everything was going well until the “duplicate” icon and the ability to add another marker has disappeared.

We’ve done all of this work so far. I’m hoping that we don’t have to redo it. Can you please let me know if there’s a way to continue adding more locations on the map?

Here’s the site: http://www.topshelfcanada.ca/
Here’s a screenshot showing the middle icon (duplicate) is now missing.

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Hello Tina,

Thanks for writing in! How many markers do you have? Kindly make sure that you are allowed to copy maps by going to Pro > Settings > Permissions > Administrator > Elements > Maps. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Thank you @ruenel. Maps was still turned on. Without counting all of the markers, I’m not sure how many, sorry.

I noticed that there’s still the option to “duplicate” by clicking the larger button at the top left, while inspecting a marker. But the other two options to add a marker, or duplicate (icon) are missing.

I’ll set up the secure note momentarily. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Hello Tina,

I have inspected the page and I also created a test page. It seems that you have reached the maximum limit to add a map marker. I would highly recommend that you create 3 maps and separate them into a smaller group of shops county, district, etc.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi @ruenel,
My client won’t be happy with that at all. Is there a way to adjust the code here to allow for more markers? :crossed_fingers:t3:
Thank you.

Hi Tina,

I have gone through your site and able to add another Map Marker to your map. The Longitude and the Latitude have set to a different location to make it visible from others and can be recognized as a separate one.
I just copied your last marker and set the co-ordinate, please try once and let us know if it works for you or not.

Thanks

Hi @tristup, Thank you so much. I’m not sure how the “duplicate” icon is showing up in your image, but it’s not available for myself or my client…? I’ve tried Chrome and Safari. We are able to add more markers by going to the larger “duplicate” button at the top of the menu, while inspecting a specific location. Otherwise, this is what we have - only the two icons.

They still have about 200 more markers to add, so hopefully they’re able to do that…? :slight_smile:

Hi Tina,

I also created a new Map Marker and set to a different location to check if we can still add a new Marker and it does.

And on the front page view:

I suggest that you clear your cache, browser cache, and server cache and let see if it solve your issue.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Thank you so much, @marc_a.
I’ve cleared my browser cache. I don’t use any caching plugins on the website so I don’t think there’s anything else that I can clear…?

My client lives in another city, and both her and I can’t see the duplicate icon.
We tried using a VPN and that doesn’t work - we still don’t see the duplicate icon. I also logged in by using my phone’s data network, and that doesn’t work either.

I’m not sure how your team can see the icon but we can’t…? :thinking:

Hi Tina,

You are not able to see the Duplicate icon because you are inside the Map element, whereas the Duplicate icon is visible while you are in the Parent Layout tab.
Please find the screenshot describing the situation.

Screenshot 1: In Layout tab:-

Screenshot 2: In Map element:-

Please find the video, which explains the situation to you.
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/1269022?key=29844e67b2ede800d9ee20383eb42dba

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thank you @tristup. That’s another good workaround. I appreciate it :slight_smile:
Did this option in the “Map” element get removed then during an update?

I actually did a tutorial for my client a few weeks ago, to show her how to add markers, so I happen to have an image which shows that the duplicate icon did exist, and there was a grey line of text (+ ADD MAP MARKER).

So, if you go into the Map element, you’re not actually able to see the duplicate icon then either? (clearing my cache will not solve this)

Here is how it used to appear:

Hello Tina,

Sorry for the confusion. Actually, this is a bug in the element. While you are in the map settings, the map markers are supposed to be up to 100 markers only. That is why as soon as you have reached the 100th marker, the duplicate button disappears. Yet, when you are in the Layout tab viewing the skeleton structure of the section, rows, columns, and the elements, you can still duplicate the map markers allowing you to add more beyond the 100th map markers. In the next release version, that would not be a limitation. Please watch out for it as it will be available soon.

Hope this explains the issue. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.