Pro: Lightbox suddenly stopped working

https://www.kidsmagicworld.com.au/#video on desktop is just one exampe of where the videos are - the light box appears but the video does not

I have cleared all caches

the code I am using which was provided by themeco support and ran well for years

One complete trick[image id="mty-yta" src="https://www.kidsmagicworld.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/vidd.png" link="true" href="//player.vimeo.com/video/288484355?quality=540p" lightbox_video="true"]
[lightbox selector="#mty-yta"]

the report:

Site

Site URL - https://www.kidsmagicworld.com.au
Home URL - https://www.kidsmagicworld.com.au

WordPress Environment

Version - 5.6
Debug is on - No
Language - en_AU
Is Multisite - No
Memory Limit - 768M

Web Server Configuration

Software - Apache
PHP Version - 7.3.25
MySQL Version - 5.7.26-29-log

PHP Configuration

Post Max Size - 256M
Time Limit - 360s
Max Upload Size - 256M

Active Theme

Name - Pro
Version - 3.2.3
Folder - //home/customer/www/kidsmagicworld.com.au/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/

Active Plugins

• AddQuicktag 2.5.3
  • Arigato PRO Autoresponder 2.9.7.1
  • Arigato PRO Intelligence Module 1.1.3
  • Autocomplete WooCommerce Orders 1.3.4
  • BNE Flyout 1.4.3
  • BNE Testimonials Pro 2.9.9
  • Classic Editor 1.6
  • CSS3 Responsive Compare Pricing Tables 11.2
  • Dynamic Step Process Panels 3.4
  • Easy WP SMTP 1.4.4
  • EventON 2.9.1
  • EventON - Full cal 1.1.11
  • EventON - Event Tickets 1.8.4
  • Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights 7.13.3
  • Insert HTML Snippet 1.3.1
  • Smart Slider 3 Pro 3.4.1.14
  • Slider Revolution 6.2.21
  • WooCommerce 4.8.0
  • WooCommerce Helper 1.7.2
  • Yoast SEO 15.4
  • WebinarPress Pro 2.24.33

CDN

Click this button to check what CDN this site is using. - Check CDN

Hello @b960a518_a049_4215_9fec_f8e5379ab96d,

Thank you for the very detailed post information. I have checked your issue and it is caused by CORS or Cross-Origin Resource Sharing. To get this resolved, please check out these articles:

Best Regards.

I honestly Have no idea what I am supposed to do to fix it

Hello @b960a518_a049_4215_9fec_f8e5379ab96d,

CORS issue happens in your server. The server does not allow some of the files like your video from Vimeo to be loaded on the page of your site. The only way to make and the exemption is to allow these files to be loaded by your server and displayed on your page. You may need to contact your hosting provider for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.

It is not the issue as you can see from the home page we have added content to the htaccess and the console errors have gone

Yet the video still does not display, but the lightbox appears- so please my host says nothing is wrong with their server and thats siteground who have very great support can you perhaps get someone else to look a little harder- its been working for years and is core to sales

Hi @b960a518_a049_4215_9fec_f8e5379ab96d,

I guess there’s a plugin conflicting your lightbox video. I suggest that you will do TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT and let us know how it goes.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I have tested for plugin conflicts- I have put the site back the issue was a combination of pro theme and wordpress 5.6

first thing I did was deactivate all the plugins

Hello @b960a518_a049_4215_9fec_f8e5379ab96d

It seems that the lightbox is working fin at my end. Please find the screenshot in the secure note. If I have missed anything please let us know with marking screenshot.

Thanks

Yes it is working now because I had to downgrade my wordpress version from a backup

so the latest wordpress version 5.6 doesn’t allow videos in your lightbox

Hey @b960a518_a049_4215_9fec_f8e5379ab96d,

It is good to know that it is working now.

Cheers.

Hi @ruenel - I am having the same problem (lightbox was working for me too until I installed Wordpress 5.6 this morning). is there a patch or update to the Pro Theme (or workaround code) that ensures the lightbox implementation in Pro is compatible with Wordpress Version 5.6?

Hi Ralph,

Please follow the instructions given by my colleagues to resolve the same issue above. If you have already followed those, I would strongly recommend that you stick with the versions listed in our version compatibility page for now to avoid issues.
If that does not help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– Specific page URL where you are having this issue
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

HI @tristup

I will roll back to WordPress version 5.5 then, and await an update to the theme to accommodate the new WordPress version.

This will be an issue for everyone updating to the latest version of WordPress and using lightbox in the Pro theme, so it is worth making the wider community aware through the appropriate channels.

Thanks

Hi Ralph,

We’re glad that the issue was solved by downgrading your WP version to 5.5. Maybe this issue will be solved on our next cycle of updates and it will be released anytime soon.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.