Pro Headers Issue - Conditions - Unable to restrict individual Bar to "Blog Archive" page

Hi Team

Per the Loom below, there is no option within the Bar ‘conditions’ (that I can find) to restrict a Bar within a header to only show on the Blog Archive/Index page.

I dont want to restrict the entire Header to the Blog Archive page only (seen in the Loom as well) - I just want to restrict a specific Bar within the Header.

Is there a workaround for this? Other than having to create a completely separate Header, which is not ideal at all.

Currently, what it means is that this Bar is shown not only on the Blog Index page, but the individual Blog Posts as well (not wanted).

Thanks
Sam

Hello Sam,

Thanks for writing to us.

To restrict the Header Bar you need to go to the Header bar —>Customize —>Set the condition like this “Blog is not being viewed”. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Thanks

Hi @prakash_s

Per my original query I would like to Condition the bar so that it only shows on the Blog Index Page - not the entire blog (including all Blog Posts).

Per my video, this is able to be done via the whole Header Conditions (Blog Archive), but not for specific Bars that I can see.

Please advise.

Thanks
Sam

Hi Sam,

You need to add another AND condition that checks the Post Type is not Post to restrict the Bar only on the Blog page, not on the single post page. I have tried the same in my local environment and it worked.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi Tristup

Per below, your approach removes the Bar from the Blog Index Page:

Please advise.

Thanks
Sam

Hello Sam,

Use “Blog is being viewed” OR “Post Type is not Post”. This condition will display the Bar element on the blog index but does not display in single post. If this is not helping, please provide us access to your site so we can check your custom header. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel

This doesn’t work either - still shows in single blog posts:

Will add Secure Note…

But in the meantime - this is the option that should be listed in the Customise section of Bars (and other elements):
Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 2.10.35 pm
(this is available as a Customise filter for the ENTIRE Header)

Thanks,
Sam

Hello Sam,

Since the “All Archives” and other archive choices are only available in the custom Header settings, it is best that you create a separate custom header that is intended for your blog index and archive pages only.

• See the screenshots in the secure note.

Just duplicate your current header and remove the Bar elements that is for the blog index/archives. In your newly duplicated custom header, remove the Bar element conditions and then assign this custom header to the blog index and other archive page you want it to display.

Hope this makes sense.

Hey @ruenel

The outcome/resolution of this is not to have to duplicate the Header. Support has provided two filter options that are both incorrect.

I have had to create the Header section within the actual Page Layout itself rather than in the Header Layout.

Please raise this gap with the Development team, to enable “Blog Archive” as a selection in the Header Bar conditions. “Shop Archive” should also be an option.

Screen Shot 2022-08-25 at 2.10.35 pm

cc/ @alexander

Thanks
Sam

Hey Sam,

I’ll list your case as a feature request so it will have a chance to be taken into account in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.