Pro Header x_bar_container - slowing site

After activating Pro - updating from X we have experienced high app server response times on Pantheon which appear to be caused by the x_bar_container hooks.

Wondering if our old styles.css and functions.php mods to call the second menu “shop” is the issue or if I missed something the Pro upgrade?

Has anyone else experienced the high response times on Pantheon app servers or when deploying multiple menus.

Thanks- Todd

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

I think it’s normal since there are many functions added to that hook x_bar_container. The more to execute, the longer it finishes.

The solution is to prevent them from executing which of course, will result to 0s execution time. And that’s by caching it, the site will serve caches which will prevent the internal functions to re-execute. But of course, it will re-execute them once it regenerates its cache.

Thanks!

Thanks Iam, we do use caching so I’m not sure that helps. It is a significant slowing of the site. Todd

Hi there,

You may try another cache plugin that also offers object caching. Something that can enhance internal processing. I can’t provide further information as I’m not sure how your site’s cache system works. But with caching, it shouldn’t execute the codes over and over. It’s one of the purposes of cache.

Thanks!

Thanks I use cloudflare, but am changing to Pantheon CDN soon - also working towards PHP 7. Hoping that will quiet things down. I did tracing back to PRO. I checked the logs and I can see that PHP-FPM is reporting PEEKDATA error:
ERROR: failed to ptrace(PEEKDATA) pid 6692: Input/output error (5) PID 6692 seems to be pointing to PRO theme.
I can see that the average response time of themes.php is 39.1 seconds as per New Relic report. Tonight, I will check the transaction traces and investigate why the call is taking too long. For now I am good - Thanks of the support - Todd

You’re welcome.

PHP 7 made a world of difference in the PRO load times. Thanks- Todd

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.