Pro Header - Mobile view dropdown rather than modal

Hi,

I have created a basic view for my mobile with the logo, then two nice buttons on the right for the search and navigation. At the moment I have them as modal, but is there a way to create a menu and search bar and button that becomes a scroll down rather than a modal?

Thanks

Hi, there,

A similar behavior (although not exactly the same as the example site you sent) can be achieved with the elements Navigation Dropdown, Search Dropdown and Content Area Dropdown.

Could you take a look at these elements and see if it fits your needs?

Thanks!

Thanks, I do see a navigation dropdown in the Pro Header, but I am not seeing search dropdown, only search inline or search modal?

With the navigation dropdown, how do I set the dropdown to be 100% width of the mobile screen? Is it possible to set the menu being used to only show top links in mobile view rather than submenu links?

Hi,

  1. You need to scroll down in the elements window to be able to see it.

2a) It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

2b) You need to create another menu in Appearance > Menus with no dropdowns. Then add another navigation dropdown element and select the menu with no dropdown.

After that, make the element to be only visible in mobile.

That way the menu with dropdowns will only show in desktop and the menu without dropdown will show in mobile.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I realise I was on an older version of the theme, updated and saw the search dropdown option.

Thanks for letting us know!