Pro Header for Logged In User

Hi,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to adapt the header builder to show the logged in user’s name and possibly have a logout button?

The page url will remain the same whether the user is logged in or out but the header displayed will change.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @PadraicOnline,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully this isn’t a feature offered by Pro. It could be possible with custom development, but this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. Pro is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities.

Thanks for understanding. Take care!

Hiya, I know this isn’t the P2P forum but I figured I’d chime in with what I found so far. I wanted a similar effect - a different header for logged out users, logged in free users and logged in paid users. There’s’ a guide here for assigning different headers based on conditional tags, whether they’re Wordpress tags such as is_user_logged_in, or you can use conditional tags provided by plugins which I’d be doing for discerning paid users from free. There’s other free plugins on wordpress.org you can use for adding a logout link to the header and account-specific info such as username or first name.

Ahhhhh you’re a legend, exactly what I was looking for!

Glad to hear it and thanks for a help @Turffe ! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.