Pro Hamburger & Facebook/Skype Browsers on Android

Since Pro was released there’s been an issue with how the hamburger displays (when using the pro header builder) when clicked through Facebook or Skype on Android devices. I’ve been able to manage the last several months because most clients could bee steered away from using the hamburger graphic (and using an icon instead), or didn’t do enough marketing through FB to really have it be an issue. However, my latest client very much likes the hamburger graphic animation and generates leads almost exclusively though FB.

Is there any update on when this issue will be fixed?

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

There is no update yet, but according to our developer, there is no way to test and debug it for that kind of browsers. And I personally agree with that.

If they are going to provide a developer mode or capability for those browsers then we’ll able to debug and test it. But as of now, there is no way.

Thanks!

The statement that FB or other in app browsers cannot be tested or debugged is ludicrous. You can use remote debugging in Chrome with Webview (at least for Android, which is only where this problem occurs).

Or you can use the method described here.

While I’ll likely end up developing my own solution for this (just like I had to for Pro headers on IE10+), it’s really something that should be addressed by Themeco as many websites build are shared on FB and opened in the browser on Android devices.

Hi there,

I actually tried that, it’s the same URL that I’m about to another user on the previous thread. This was added to our list and forwarded to our developer, they are looking for other workarounds. There is no way as of now, I’m not saying it’s always like that :slight_smile:

I also tried remote debugging but I’m unable to attach my debugger to in-app browsers, maybe I’m doing wrong since I’m not an android developer. But I will try it again another time. I can assure you that our eyes are on this too :slight_smile:

Thanks!