Pro Footers overlaying Pro Content

Hi,

On my homepage (www.theaudiobarn.co.uk), the footer is overlaying sections created within the pro page builder. There is a google map and a contact form hidden by the footer!

If you look at the attached - you can see the sections that are behind the footer.

The footer is built using the Pro footer builder.

Why is this please?

Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! I have carefully investigated your footer and I could not find any indication that a Google Map and Contact Form is added.

I even check your page content and even then, there is nothing. I went to the widgets section and still not there. Where did you have added the said elements? Did you happen to save your changes?

Please give further clarifications.

Hi,

The attached screenshot is taken within Pro NOT THE FOOTER BUILDER.

You can see that there are sections for ‘Newsletter Signup’ and ‘Google Map’.

These have been in use for 6 months now with no problem.

Yesterday, I used the new Footer builder, and as you can see, the footer now overlays and is on top of the newsletter and map and also the section ‘Audio Note Pic’

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the additional information.

I’ve taken a look at your setup and believe some of the issues may be down to various caching issues.

  1. You have two caching plugins configured (W3 Total Cache and WP Fastest Cache). Both are configured to cache the site and use the browser cache. This can lead to unexpected front-end output, Javascript issues amongst others. I’d recommend disabling 1 caching plugin.
  2. W3 Total Cache is configured to use an object cache. Unless the object cache is configured on the server side and plugins have been updated to make use of the Object cache API. You could see unexpected results with this as well, including broken/missing transients etc.

I’d recommend to be able to get to the root of this issue. Disable all caching globally. Then remove the code from the .htaccess and the wp-config.php that the caching plugins add. This will allow a true representation of the website to load, allowing for proper debugging.

Thank you!

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t realise that there were 2 plugins activated.

I have now disabled both - so zero caching is being done.

No change - sections previously created in cornerstone, that have been 100% since the upgrade to Pro 2 months ago, are now hidden behind the ‘Footer Builder’ ‘Bars’

Many thanks,

Bryan

Hi there,

It’s not because of the footer, it’s because of the code that you added in your widget. I went ahead and switch your Widget element’s sidebar to None. Now your images, map, and form are working.

This is the code in your widget,

<script src="https://widget.reviews.co.uk/carousel-inline/dist.js"></script>
<div id="carousel-inline-widget-360" style="width: 100%; max-width: 360px; margin: 0 auto;"></div>
<script>// <![CDATA[
<br />
carouselInlineWidget('carousel-inline-widget-360',{<br />
  store: 'the-audiobarn',<br />
  primaryClr: '#f47e27',<br />
  neutralClr: '#f4f4f4',<br />
  reviewTextClr:'#2f2f2f',<br />
  ratingTextClr:'#2f2f2f',<br />
  layout:'fullWidth',<br />
  numReviews: 21<br />
});</p>
// ]]></script>

And by just looking into it, it’s faulty one as there are many stray elements (<br/>) that shouldn’t be added to the javascript code block.

Should be like this,

<script src="https://widget.reviews.co.uk/carousel-inline/dist.js"></script>
<div id="carousel-inline-widget-360" style="width: 100%; max-width: 360px; margin: 0 auto;"></div>
<script>// <![CDATA[

carouselInlineWidget('carousel-inline-widget-360',{
  store: 'the-audiobarn',
  primaryClr: '#f47e27',
  neutralClr: '#f4f4f4',
  reviewTextClr:'#2f2f2f',
  ratingTextClr:'#2f2f2f',
  layout:'fullWidth',
  numReviews: 21
});
// ]]></script>

Thanks.

Hi,

OK I think we are getting there thanks.

Attached is a screenshot which shows the homepage with the reviews inserted as a section in Pro. I would like this script inserted into the footer. Is this possible? When I create a widget area in the footer builder, there are problems.

Also attached is a view of the footer builder, can this script go in BAR 6 - Reviews???

Many thanks,

Bryan

Hello There,

Your code might not work in the footer. As of this moment, the footer builder does not have any Raw Content element. The existing Content Area element has a tendency to convert line breaks and new lines into <p> and <br> tags.

You can give it a try and make use of the your code without any new lines and line breaks just like this:

<script src="https://widget.reviews.co.uk/carousel-inline/dist.js"></script><div id="carousel-inline-widget-360" style="width: 100%; max-width: 360px; margin: 0 auto;"></div><script>carouselInlineWidget('carousel-inline-widget-360',{ store: 'the-audiobarn', primaryClr: '#f47e27', neutralClr: '#f4f4f4', reviewTextClr:'#2f2f2f', ratingTextClr:'#2f2f2f', layout:'fullWidth', numReviews: 21});</script>

This may not work but worth a try. Please let us know how it goes.