Pro footer flex issues

Hello,
http://cbac.robstrickland.net/

I have a widget area in my pro footer - which is great.
However the widget itself is a table with logos etc.
As the screen size gets smaller and smaller the table disappears behind other footer elements.
I set the container self flex to all options and the flex layout to all options (standard, start, stretch, end) and the all have the same disadvantages, where the widget content disappears.

What I’d like is for the widget area to fill the container no matter what the screen size. How do I accomplish that?
In the screen cast you can see as I resize the page the logos dip below the other footer elements.

https://www.screencast.com/t/O27C7fmTzE

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Hello Rob,

Thanks for posting in! Please keep in mind that tables are not built for responsive design. It is best that you remove the tables and insert a bar/container/image elements instead. You can have one bar 3 containers which 3 image elements in each container. This is the highly recommend layout to have a 3 column image display like you have right now.

Hope this helps.

I have created footer bars, containers, and image elements… and now there are a new set of issues:

  1. The bars overlap instead of stack. How do I make them stack so that the full height of the bars is shown? I have 2 tiers/levels of sponsorships so the top container should show larger logos than the lower container, and they all need to be visible - all the time.
  2. When the screen size changes the images look horrible, instead of intelligently wrapping (flexing?). How do I change that?
  3. The image element itself has few image controls… I’d like to be able to set the positions of the images (i.e. center) so that a horizontal logo will align center not at the top of the container.

Thank you again for your guidance!
Rob
http://cbac.robstrickland.net/

Hey Rob,

For 1 and 2, you need to understand how to use Flexbox. It is shown here in our Tips and Tricks page under the Flexbox option.

For 3. The center positioning of the image will depend on your flex setup.

Thanks.

Thanks - resolved.

Glad to hear it.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.