Pro Editor not loading - stuck spinning (and I've tried a lot of troubleshooting suggestions)

Hello David,

Thanks for sharing the login details. I went ahead checked your page it seems that it is working fine at my end. It might be the browser cache issue at your end. I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again or it would be best if you could check it in the private mode of the browser.

Thanks

Thanks for working on that. I tried clearing the browser cache and tried within a private browser (both Chrome) but neither worked. Are there any other settings that could be different between you and me? There must be a reason why you can access the editor and I can’t.

Hey David,

I am another staff and I can replicate the issue on my end. I could not load the homepage in the builder. This is because you have inserted a broken JS code in the Pro > Theme Options > JS section. You have added this:

(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-66404948-1', 'auto');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

(function($){
  $('.x-feature-list').each(function(){
    $(this).hover(function(){
      $(this).find('.x-feature-box-graphic-outer').addClass('animated wobble');
    }, function(){
      $(this).find('.x-feature-box-graphic-outer').removeClass('animated wobble');
    });
  });
})(jQuery);

<script type="text/javascript" src="//downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us11.list-manage.com","uuid":"39df070dc89e319675e93137b","lid":"23143b2ed4"}) })</script>

Be advised that only this block is valid and correct:

(function($){
  $('.x-feature-list').each(function(){
    $(this).hover(function(){
      $(this).find('.x-feature-box-graphic-outer').addClass('animated wobble');
    }, function(){
      $(this).find('.x-feature-box-graphic-outer').removeClass('animated wobble');
    });
  });
})(jQuery);

Kindly removed the rest because it is causing the issue. You may need to contact the source of the other JS code block and make sure that you the correct one. Be also advised that you are not allowed to insert <script> tag in the JS section. Only JS code is accepted.

Best Regards.

Thanks for really digging into this query and finding the issue. I tried to access the Theme Options to remove that script block but I can’t because of the way the script is blocking the load of the editor. I will contact the person that added that script and tell them we need another solution - so we can delete it for now.

Is there another way I can get in and delete that script?

Hello David,

The theme options data are saved in the database so I would suggest you please ask your hosting provider to restore the database to the previous date so that it gets fixed.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Would that be just the database associated to the theme options? I wouldn’t want to mess up other parts of the site’s database. I have access to the file manager. Is this something I can do from there?

Hello David,

The custom JS is stored in the database. What you need is access to the database so that you can go into the wp_options table and find the custom JS code that you have added.

Best Regards.

Hi. Thanks for the guidance. I’ve removed the script block as you suggested. However, I’m still having the same problem accessing Pro Editor or Theme Options. I use X Pro on a couple of other sites with the same hosting provider and almost the same plugins, and haven’t had this problem. So it must be something specific to this site or hosting. I need to make some urgent changes to the site but just can’t get the editor to load.

Do you have any further possible solutions?

Hi David,

The solution suggested by my colleagues that removing the script from the database is the only possible solution right now. If you are not proficient, I would suggest you hire a developer who can assists you with this.

Thanks

I removed the script from the database and the Pro editor still isn’t loading. I ran through the troubleshooting again and tried loading in an incognito browser but still no joy in getting it to load. Is there anything else that could be happening? I remember that when you released an update a while ago when I was having the same problem, the editor loaded after the update. Does that make sense?

Hi David,

I have tried to logged in your website for further investigation, but unfortunately, the 2FA is not letting me in. Can you please deactivate the 2FA once again?

Thanks

I’ve deactivated the 2FA. Many thanks for persisting in helping me find a solution.

Hi David,

I would suggest you to deactivate and delete the Pro and re-install the version by downloading from your Themeco account and check if that resolves your issue. If that does not helps, there might be some different reasons behind your reason, I would like to suggest troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache

If the above does not helps, please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site.
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

After removing that block of script that wasn’t supposed to be in the theme options and deleting and reinstalling a the previous (not most up to date) version of Pro I can now edit my site via the Pro editor. Yeah!

Thank you for all your help in troubleshooting my site. If I come up against this issue again, I’ll run through all the advice you gave me here before contacting you again.

many thanks.

Hi David,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

I also had similar problems after updating to the latest Pro version…but it was because I’m using PHP 5.6x…on account I’m not yet finished migrating my SQL statements. So, after downgrading Pro to the prior version, I was back in business.

Hi @DuckSportsFan,

Thanks for sharing your experience, it will surely help others.

I’m having this same exact issue - Pro editor not loading stuck spinning. I have not added any new plugins or anything else, haven’t touched the site in days. Have the most recent Pro version 4.3.3, PHP 7.3 which is the most recent available on my web host. Seems several people are having this issue. I had this issue 2 weeks again and already through the process of deactivating plug-ins. May need a fix with the 4.3.3. version. Please help! Am I supposed to use an older version of Pro???

Hi @littlesprouts,

I suggest that you create a new thread then on the new thread, please give us the following information in a Secure Note for further investigation.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.