Pro Editor line break and paragraph break glitch

Hi,

We are experiencing a few issues with Pro editor. It happens when editing a post on HTML editor or Rich text editor results don’t differ… Whenever we try to enter a paragraph break neither editor or preview responds to it.

As an alternative we tried entering two line breaks, and at first this solution seemed to work, but once the post is saved and we re-open the editor to make additional edits all line breaks disappear…

We have an huge number of content to publish and this issue is is completely scrambling our timeline with huge consequences for us and our business.

We would very much appreciate if support team could look into this ASAP.

We are using latest wordpress version and Pro version 3.2.1

Hi @TeepaSnow,

Thanks for writing in. I have checked this on my local setup but I am not able to replicate the issue you mentioned.

However, I am using the newly release version of Pro which is 3.2.2 so kindly update to that version then check again.

If the issue persists, try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case you are still not able to get the expected output for the text editor, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hi Jade,

Yes, inside the editor paragraph breaks are working but they don’t replicate in preview. Check video attached

Hi @TSwebsite,

In that case, please provide us with the admin access to your site in a Secure Note:

Hi @TSwebsite,

I investigated the issue and it seems that it is because of the custom CSS you have on the child theme, these CSS seems to be some kind of CSS reset.

Normally the <p> tags on the theme has a margin-bottom to give space between paragraphs. But on your site, it does not have because it was reset to 0.

Here you can see that a margin: 0 is applied to your p tag.

See what happens when that margin: 0 gets cross-out. The natural spacing of the paragraph shows up.

Please remove that CSS reset on your child theme, we don’t know what might other conflicts that CSS is causing to the theme.

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.