Pro Cornerstone Interface | vertical, horizontal, etc

I am curious to know how to change the Cornerstone specifications panel from horizontal back to vertical. I cannot find anything in your documents about this. Occasionally I have been able to drag it back to vertical, but the behavior is not predictable or consistent. Also when I have gotten it back to vertical, it lays over the left side of the displayed page. And I have no idea how it got vertical in the first place. The old default of just vertical is what I am seeking. Are there support docs or videos of how to make all this interface challenge more predictable and stable? Thanks

Hi @johnboak,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can rearrange your Workspace in the builder. Please check out the following video:

Hope it helps.
Thanks

The video you sent makes clear what is supposed to happen. Unfortunately it is not what actually happens on my screen. I do not experience the simple control the video’s user shows. It appears that one can touch a region of the interface, and then a fat blue line appears targeting options for location. The user then drags the cursor toward that blue edge and the change of placement occurs.

I have not figured out how to make those positioning blue lines appear. I have seen them appear only when I have an unwilled incident of accidentally rearranging the interface. But I have no idea how I did that. It just happens and I can never overcome the change. It wastes a lot of time. I have searched documents and forum posts. But your video is the only thing I have seen on the subject of this interface change.

I like the basic configuration, with editing panel on the left, and skinny top panel on the top. My only problem with the interface is that sometimes it gets changed to put the editing panel across the top, and when I have succeeded in dragging the editing panel back on the left, the page-display is partially covered by the editing panel, and I cannot figure out how to bring the page-display back into full view.

Also when this occurs the skinny top panel becomes covered making it impossible to access the Outline button. And that makes site editing close to impossible. Thus the interface that looks so useful and delightful in the video, becomes a frustrating impediment to actually getting any work done.

Clearly I am missing something obvious, but the interface chaos greatly reduces my productivity. I also end up feeling quite powerless. Are there any documents that explain specifically how to control these wandering panels?

(I have tried it on Safari and Chrome. No luck yet.)

Thanks

You are most welcome @johnboak

I sent an update after trying to use what I saw in the video. I hope you can explain how to use this strange and difficult interface. Thanks

Hello @johnboak,

Is the issue still happening? Please provide us your site URL and your WP access so that we can investigate the issue. We will be including a video demo afterwards so that you will have an idea of how we test or what we did.

You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.