Pro Child theme - critical error

Hello,

I made an update to the theme on my website and now receive the following message when activating the child theme: “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.” I get the same error if I try to activate the regular Pro theme.

Not sure if it is related but Cornerstone states my licence is not valid - copying and pasting my Themeco license gives the error that, “it doesn’t appear to be an Cornerstone purchase code or Themeco license.”

I have managed to get back access to the back end of the site and select the Twenty Twenty Two theme, which works but, obviously, the website is not displaying correctly.

I stupidly failed to create a back up before breaking the site. Is there anything I can do to get the child pro theme back up and running?

I have updated the Pro theme to the latest version.

Thanks for any support you can offer.

1 Like

Hello Michael,

Thanks for writing in! Enable the WordPress debug mode. You might be able to see an error message on the site right away. If not, the error log could reveal where the problem is originating and which line in the Child theme’s functions.php file. If you still have access to the site, please provide it with us so we can check the site and figure out the resolution to your issue. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Secure note sent. Thank you for your support.

Hi Michael,

I have checked your website and found that any of the plugins are the reason behind your problem. I deactivated the plugin temporarily and activated the theme, and it worked. I activated all the plugins that were active before, except the plugins have multiple versions and the Cornerstone which is already integrated with Pro.
I would suggest you activate those plugins if you need and if the issue resolves, the last one you active is the reason behind the issue.

Thanks

That’s amazing! Thank you so much. I thought the website was gone forever!

You have made my day. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Hey Michael,

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.