PRO BUG - Headers - Empty Shop Category/Archive Pages

Hi Team

Using Pro, with WooCommerce, and two different Headers.

I’m unable to select which Pro Header I’d like to use for an EMPTY Shop Category page, and therefore said page shows the ‘default’ Themeco Theme header (accessed via Theme Options) - so NEITHER of the Pro headers I’ve created.

The relevent Header shows up under the ‘Shop’ selection, however this isn’t including empty Category/Archive Shop Pages.

This may also be the case for empty Blog Archive pages as well, however I haven’t looked into this.

Access to be provided privately.

Thanks
Sam

Hello Sam,

Special pages like archive including shop/tag/category is not yet included on the assignement area for Pro headers. This is a feature that is included on the next milestone of development. We cannot promise a specific date yet on when it can be release. As of the moment, an alternative is to set specific header as GLOBAL. When a header is set as global, it will then show on all special pages and it will act as your default header.

Hope this helps.

Hi Lely

This is quite surprising.

From a UX perspective, having a completely different/basic/regular header (that would likely not be tweaked correctly because the developer is using Pro Headers) in these pages rather than a Pro Header is quite an issue. Happy that it will be resolved in the next milestone of development.

Re your point around setting my header to Global - I cant do this because I’ve got two different headers based on different sections of the site. Thus the issue at hand :confounded:

Thanks
Sam

Hi there,

At the moment, there is an alternative way, but it needs customization and your deep understanding of how to use the template conditional tags to target a product category. For more information:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.