Pro and X?

Hi,

From your website I’m not really clear of the relationship between X and Pro. Are they separate? I have a site built with X and am looking to refresh it this year. The features of Pro look interesting, but I have to pay another $80 on top of what I paid for X? Or is there a cheaper option for those who already have a X licence.

I must say I’m surprised you have chosen this route. It makes X seem a cut down version and has confused what was a very clear goal: 1 Theme that was endlessly customizable.

I’m a little disappointed. :frowning:

Hi,

I am just another customer of both X and Pro and I can tell you X is not at all a cut down version of anything. Pro is just the way to go if you want deeper customization in a more easy way. It has a whole new header and footer builder which is only useful if you want a completely custom design. X stays the same perfect theme as it always was and will be updated on a regular basis to be on top of the game in the theme market.

I believe you can also have a free upgrade to pro if your X license is old enough. Just check it in your account/license section…

So nothing to be disappointed about in my opinion, instead i’m very excited:)

Cheers!

Hi There,

That is absolutely correct.

They are 2 different products, both offer extensive customization possibilities. PRO offers the New Header and Footer Builders, I would say it is recommended if you have ambitious header and footer layouts.

If you purchase X before PRO release you are entitled to free update.

If you purchase after, you can pay the difference, not full price on your licenses page.

Hope it clarifies.

Hi @timschouwink,

You are correct and thank you for sharing.

If X theme is bought prior to the release of Pro, a free upgrade of X theme license to Pro is still available.

@dragnim,

Yes, they are separate. X and Pro are two different themes. Different products. I do recommend for you to read this article because it explains everything between the two products and why we come up with PRO: https://theme.co/blog/say-hello-to-x-five-and-pro-one/

Just for a short version, X theme is a theme with predetermined settings. Mostly it’s an ON and OFF settings for features or combination of features per stack that is available out of the box. It has demo content too. On the other hand, Pro is for advanced users with more flexibility to achieve things through it’s builders. Headers and footer builder offer more detailed options and it has presets and templates to start with. For more guidance, please visit our knowledge base here: https://theme.co/apex/forum/c/themeco/kb

Hope this helps.

Im really confused. I have the option i see when i login here to download pro, but where do I intall it? Is it a plugin or a theme?

you guys really havent made this very clear at in. in fact its quite the opposite and beyond confusing.

Also if I ever get this pro thing figured out, is it compatible with visual composer or just cornerstone? Thanks in advnance.

Hi There,

Pro is a Theme just like X is another theme.

Both products have a lot of similarities as we can say PRO was born from X but they are ultimately two different products.

At this stage the main differences are:

Pro has it´s own builder built-in, at this stage it looks 100% like Cornerstone.

Pro offers the new Header and Footer Builder which allow you to build very flexible Header and Footer layouts like no other theme.

X Offers Demo Content - Pro does not offer demo content but we will be integrating a new solution to replace de demo content on the release 2.0 which is on the way.

Both products are compatible with Visual Composer.

If you download PRO and you already have X you need to install pro and validate it as a new theme.

Hope it clarifies.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.