Pro and Cornerstone Non-Compatible with WooCommerce Version 8.5.1

Updating WooCommerce breaks the ability to update any content, or create any new content, any where on the site. Gives a message about HTML Mark-Up and Open tags. I’m currently on WC V 8.4. I need to be able to update this major popular application that businesses all over the world use everyday without it breaking the theme or editor.

www.usatcorp.com

Hello @USAT009,

Thanks for writing to us.

I have tested it on my localhost test installation and it seems that it is working fine on end. I have tested WooCommerce version 8.5.1, Pro theme version 6.4.9, WordPress 6.4.2, and PHP version 8.2.4. I have tested it on Google Chrome version 121.0.6167.85. I would suggest you please purge all the cache and recheck it. If it doesn’t work for you we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

I’m still on PHP 7.4, Updating to PHP 8 versions broke the site the few times I tried last year. I’ll try to update to PHP 8 again and see if it works this time, then try to update WC again if I manage to get the PHP version updated and report back.

Hi Jesse,

What we found after a thorough investigation there might be some issues with the WP Engine hosted websites only. Can you please confirm that you are using that?

Thanks

Yes, It’s on WP Engine

Hi Jesse,

We suspect some conflict with it, let me confirm with our development team on this.

Thanks

Can you try using Cornerstone with Jetpack disabled? Did that fix the issue? Then try re-enabling Jetpack to see if the issue goes away entirely or if the issue comes back. We are currently investigating this.

Any word on this?

Hi @USAT009,

It has been recognized that Jetpack is the reason behind this problem. Deactivating and reactivating the plugin might resolve the issue.

Thanks

Fix is out now in 6.4.11. Let us know if you still encounter issues. Have a great day.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.